Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Can't Expressjet Reserves Get Consistent Golden Days Off?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no provision in the contract for your situation.

It's not going to get any better in the next contract. The negotiating committee has said publicly they have no intention of improving the reserve section of the contract. Yes, it may have been worse in the past on reserves as a whole, but many pilots have been on reserve years longer now. I feel your pain.

Absolutely false.

They will throw up their arms and say "what happened???!!!!....we are a super regional now........why doesn't anybody want to work here?"

They will come out with a memo about how they got caught flat-footed and will need our help by referring friends. I would NEVER refer a friend here.

Where would you refer them? In the current environment there is not another place I rather be than Skywest Inc

Lol...ahhh what i'd give to see where things are a year from now.

You should of bid down to the 200, you would be a middle of the pack lineholder. Maybe even weekends off

No, not false. I don't speak of the ERJ team, but the members didn't clarify when they made these remarks. It's possible they inferred beyond the e-jet rules.

No, not false. I don't speak of the ERJ team, but the members didn't clarify when they made these remarks. It's possible they inferred beyond the e-jet rules.

No, I have spoken to the union leaders, and I assure you the union has never come out with a written or public statement saying that they aren't looking to improve reserve workrules. Not only is the notion of the union actually saying this is rediculous, this kind of false gossip is not helping their position at this stage of negotiations.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter whether our MEC or negotiating com. burns capital on reserve work rules or not. If the CRJsection passes is kept "as is", it simply won't pass a vote on the legacy expressjet side of the house. At a MINIMUM, it will have to be ERJ standard to pass, and even then, it is doubtful.

You should of bid down to the 200, you would be a middle of the pack lineholder. Maybe even weekends off

I hear you...maybe i should have man. But bidding over and forgetting about reserves still doesn't help the larger problem.

It doesn't matter whether our MEC or negotiating com. burns capital on reserve work rules or not. If the CRJsection passes is kept "as is", it simply won't pass a vote on the legacy expressjet side of the house. At a MINIMUM, it will have to be ERJ standard to pass, and even then, it is doubtful.

Very true....they will not accept our side of the reserve rules.

Is there not a section of the contract that is supposed to make this happen? Is it really too much to ask to have a schedule with consistent days off? How much longer will reserves be thrown under the bus? O...i guess "it was worse in the old days"...and reserves should be happy to even have a section in the contract....GTFOH.

From the ERJ side

21.I.2.d

The first, largest set of days off, on the reserve pilot’s line will be
designated as immoveable unless the pilot notifies Crew Scheduling
otherwise by 2359 CT on the first day of the bid period.

Sorry if you are on the CRJ side and things are different. But ERJ reserves do get golden days. You just have to send the request to scheduling. If they try to reassign you into that block, you can refuse and the chief pilots should remove the refusal from your schedule notes.

Hope that helps.

Eric Pogo

I usually sit reserve a few months a year. Even though I am a Houston captain, I usually get my call-out time changed and get sent to another base and have my days (non-golden) consistently rolled.

Sorry for the tough times on reserve...

The CRJ side has a better golden day off setup. We either get 2 sets of 3 days off or 1 set of 4 and one set of 2. We use to be able to have some consistency to the awarding of them. If you bid the 3 days off over weekends, you usually would get all the weekends off. That is not true now.

BTW... 10 year CA here and going to be on reserve next month. Love this place! :nuts:

No, I have spoken to the union leaders, and I assure you the union has never come out with a written or public statement saying that they aren't looking to improve reserve workrules.

Of course they wouldn't send everyone a blast e-mail telling everyone on reserve to f*** off.

That's like saying, "the President NEVER made a public statement saying he got head from Lewinsky. So it never happened."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back