Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are the airtran to swa guys not voting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyway, thanks also for pointing out that our management is "different" now. We really appreciate you pointing that out; I don't know if anyone on this side had noticed.

Are you kidding? A lot of people clearly haven't, including one presidential candidate.

Well then bubba, since you guys have it all figured out. I'll leave you to it. Good luck, you're going to need it. If you ever figure out that ONE thing you and your fellow bubbas need to do, be sure to let your union know.

Yes, I agree that spreading lies is wrong. But I don't know whether Fletch spread any lies or not.

Really? Spreading a rumor of some sort of "secret provision" where FAT guys get cheated out of earned money doesn't qualify? You used to be a union guy--do you really think anyone could legally pull that off?

I was addressing more of your overall commentary that people need to move on. That's not human nature, so you shouldn't expect it. Losing seniority is something that people continue to experience indefinitely. It isn't something that happens once and then it goes away. That makes it a lot harder to "get over," which you should realize. But you're too much of a dick to see how negatively this affected people on the other side.

Sorry, but I think you're wrong. I think it IS human nature to "move on." Some people faster than others, for sure. But people DO move on. And you're also wrong that I don't see how people "on the other side" are negatively affected. (actually on both sides, something that you refuse to acknowledge). There's pilots on both sides who were unhappy about how things happened, as well as people who were very happy, on both sides, with the deal. I've flown with many FATs who are glad that it happened, including last week with a guy who was going to quit Airtran (it sucked so bad, to him), until the acquisition was announced. I see both.

So yeah, I do realize--there's FATs like that, who are happy, and those like you and Fletch, who aren't. Same on this side, especially on the junior end. You don't see or acknowledge that, nor do you realize that some FATs loved what happened--you presume that they're all pissed off like you, when it's not true.

People are what they are. They mostly move on, at different rates, to be sure. And perhaps a few like you and Fletch cannot. Whatever. But those who don't or can't move on, have no business trying to screw those who are moving on.

Bubba

Really? Spreading a rumor of some sort of "secret provision" where FAT guys get cheated out of earned money doesn't qualify? You used to be a union guy--do you really think anyone could legally pull that off?

I don't think SWAPA has much of a clue of what they can get away with legally. Empire Central isn't exactly awash in attorneys like Herndon Parkway is. I think it's entirely plausible that they think they can get away with not paying retro to AirTran pilots. But again, I don't think it will matter, because there won't be any retro.

Sorry, but I think you're wrong. I think it IS human nature to "move on." Some people faster than others, for sure. But people DO move on. And you're also wrong that I don't see how people "on the other side" are negatively affected. (actually on both sides, something that you refuse to acknowledge). There's pilots on both sides who were unhappy about how things happened, as well as people who were very happy, on both sides, with the deal. I've flown with many FATs who are glad that it happened, including last week with a guy who was going to quit Airtran (it sucked so bad, to him), until the acquisition was announced. I see both.

So yeah, I do realize--there's FATs like that, who are happy, and those like you and Fletch, who aren't. Same on this side, especially on the junior end. You don't see or acknowledge that, nor do you realize that some FATs loved what happened--you presume that they're all pissed off like you, when it's not true.

People are what they are. They mostly move on, at different rates, to be sure. And perhaps a few like you and Fletch cannot. Whatever. But those who don't or can't move on, have no business trying to screw those who are moving on.

Bubba

Lear70 has told you guys repeatedly, but you don't listen: pilots aren't going to be honest with you when you're flying with them. They'll cooperate to get through the trip without any arguments, and just smile and nod when you say idiotic crap about lottery winnings and such. That has no bearing on how they really feel.

There are a small handful of pilots at the very bottom of the AirTran seniority list who are thrilled with the merger, because they got a pay raise and had no prospect of a reasonable upgrade time anyway. Everyone else is pissed off to varying degrees, depending on how much their life has been turned upside down (lost seat, new commute, etc.). And you know what pisses people off the most? Your constant attempts to draw a false equivalency. "There are people here pissed off, too." Boo f*cking hoo. Some guy adding three months to his upgrade time, or someone getting bumped out of his MCO domicile for six months is no comparison to a captain losing his seat, or a pilot who was about to upgrade now never going to see the left seat before retirement. Stop pretending that people on both sides have equal justifications for anger.

I don't think SWAPA has much of a clue of what they can get away with legally. Empire Central isn't exactly awash in attorneys like Herndon Parkway is. I think it's entirely plausible that they think they can get away with not paying retro to AirTran pilots. But again, I don't think it will matter, because there won't be any retro.

Nice tactic.

Instead of addressing the absurdity of SWAPA creating a "secret provision" targeting and screwing FATs (which was the actual discussion), you just punt and go back to how incompetent SWAPA is compared to ALPA.

Like that has anything to do with it.

Lear70 has told you guys repeatedly, but you don't listen: pilots aren't going to be honest with you when you're flying with them. They'll cooperate to get through the trip without any arguments, and just smile and nod when you say idiotic crap about lottery winnings and such. That has no bearing on how they really feel.

There are a small handful of pilots at the very bottom of the AirTran seniority list who are thrilled with the merger, because they got a pay raise and had no prospect of a reasonable upgrade time anyway. Everyone else is pissed off to varying degrees, depending on how much their life has been turned upside down (lost seat, new commute, etc.). And you know what pisses people off the most? Your constant attempts to draw a false equivalency. "There are people here pissed off, too." Boo f*cking hoo. Some guy adding three months to his upgrade time, or someone getting bumped out of his MCO domicile for six months is no comparison to a captain losing his seat, or a pilot who was about to upgrade now never going to see the left seat before retirement. Stop pretending that people on both sides have equal justifications for anger.

Whatever you say, PCL. Everybody at Airtran is exactly as pissed off and bitter as you are. Everyone at Airtran got screwed, and everyone at Southwest won the lottery. I guess some of the FATs are better actors than I thought.

You do realize that you're starting to sound exactly as you accuse Southwest people of. Well, probably you don't realize. It's all about you and your ALPA worldview, after all.

Whatever, PCL. Enjoy your life. Hopefully you'll be more successful at your next career, then you were at flying airplanes or running a union.

Bubba

Why do y'all have to go at each other the whole time? The way you get the contract done is easy. Offer management a large bonus if a contract is signed just like they rewarded themselves for every other thing they got from 15% ROIC to getting 800's.

In my opinion after being at 2 other airlines where we had to do strike votes it is pretty obvious that is where we are headed. It is the negotiating game and until the shareholders feel their money is at risk, you will never get a contract worth a darn.

...when you say idiotic crap about lottery winnings and such.

I've been over here about 2.5 years and have been based in OAK, PHX, and MDW. I've flown trips out of BWI and LAS and have flown with guys from every other base at one point or another and I have yet to hear anyone talk about "lottery winnings and such". Not saying it hasn't happened but I've been here longer than most ex-AT guys so you'd think I would've heard it first hand at one point or another. I moved on quite some time ago so perhaps that has played some part.

Whatever you say, PCL. Everybody at Airtran is exactly as pissed off and bitter as you are. Everyone at Airtran got screwed, and everyone at Southwest won the lottery. I guess some of the FATs are better actors than I thought.

Exactly.......

Being at ground zero of the SLI, (MCO), I fly with more FAT folks than I do OSW anymore. Yeah, some are not as happy as others, but my BS meter is pretty accurate, and, overall, most are happy here.

FWIW, most FAT folks are far happier than the RSW folks who are getting displaced every month.

I think the real $hit storm is coming in the next few months though when the last hold outs head over.

Exactly.......

Being at ground zero of the SLI, (MCO), I fly with more FAT folks than I do OSW anymore. Yeah, some are not as happy as others, but my BS meter is pretty accurate, and, overall, most are happy here.

FWIW, most FAT folks are far happier than the RSW folks who are getting displaced every month.

I think the real $hit storm is coming in the next few months though when the last hold outs head over.

"The real hold outs" are going to march in step like everyone else. There is nothing real about it other than seniority. They have it, those who have transitioned in the last 6-12 months did not. I'm sure they will be OK sitting at home, planning ski trips or maybe seeing a beach or two. They will probably take some time to compare senior FO vs Lance vs line Capt scenarios. But as a FAT myself, I could really give a crap about them transitioning and bringing some kind of renewed hate to group. Anymore than I want junior OSW FOs bitching about their delayed upgrade. All I know for sure is PCL likes to spend time on the SWAPA forum. Maybe with this mediation application, he may have to stick around long enough to see his former pilots get a fair contract..

Latest resources

Back