Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are the airtran to swa guys not voting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FAT not getting retro is total BS...I will look into that. I doubt that's a valid rumor. Not necessarily bc it leaves AT out, but bc it involves us getting any real retro. That would garner a no vote from me from a unity-killing aspect alone. Don't take it personally if guys vote yes for that though...many will likely vote yes to anything (ANything? YES ANYTHING). I have met several FAT and they ALL seem to understand the new negotiating landscape. Thanks for voting to those who have. To the rest, please PLEASE vote. We are in desperate need of educated voters (and really voters in general). Go to the swapa candidate forum and read the platforms and just pick. PM me if you want input.

I wouldn't worry too much about retro. It probably isn't going to happen. Expect a signing bonus.

Yeah, that attitude is going to unify us. :rolleyes:

I wasn't "trying to unify us" with that post--I was trying to dispel a BS rumor from Fletch, whose every single post on FI seems designed to sow hate and discontent. The SLI and the entire way the merger has been handled, is over. It is what it is. We can all move forward and work to better our collective future, or not. Fletch seems to have picked "or not," and now goes out of his way to piss off and stir up trouble when he can. His post was either a outright lie or an intentional distortion just to muddy the waters again.

Bubba

It's easy for the person who isn't affected to say "move on."

It's easy for the person who isn't affected to say "move on."

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. Fletch (or anyone, OAT or FAT for that matter) is welcome to stay and work together; stay and be a loner; stay and do nothing but collect a paycheck; or do exactly what you're doing if they want: quit, and go home because things didn't go their way. Any of those things. But spreading lies to piss off other people, who may have made a different decision, is kinda chickensh1t; wouldn't you agree PCL?

Bubba

Lol. Getting fired up over non existent offers is even funnier. Unless I missed that we have a TA to vote on since applying for mediation a few days ago.

Bubba, I'm just showing you that you are facing an entirely different management. You and SWAPA are like Wyle e coyote, you guys are standing on the train tracks with no idea that the train is Comming. The biggest problem is you senior guys are your own worst enemy. The company knows it, that is why there won't be a contract any time soon. I could tell you how to get a contract within 3 months by doing ONE thing (no strike, no sick out, no slow taxi) but the senior guys will never do it. I didn't vote, I won't vote and I don't care anymore. So it doesn't matter to me whether you get a contract or not.

Last edited:
Lol. Getting fired up over non existent offers is even funnier. Unless I missed that we have a TA to vote on since applying for mediation a few days ago.

Just wait.... SWApA's turd of a sub flattish counter offer is not off the table yet.

In a show of "good faith", Gary is likely to actually accept it (he'd be stupid not to) during the mediation process.

This assures that it will be the next contract, after a concerted, 23-0 SWApA-ganda campaign to convince us of just how good it is (just in case there are some dissenting voices), especially compared to the next offer.

The pilot group will accept it with an enthusiastic YES! vote, and then spend the next few years complaining about it. Rinse and repeat.

But spreading lies to piss off other people, who may have made a different decision, is kinda chickensh1t; wouldn't you agree PCL?

Yes, I agree that spreading lies is wrong. But I don't know whether Fletch spread any lies or not.

I was addressing more of your overall commentary that people need to move on. That's not human nature, so you shouldn't expect it. Losing seniority is something that people continue to experience indefinitely. It isn't something that happens once and then it goes away. That makes it a lot harder to "get over," which you should realize. But you're too much of a dick to see how negatively this affected people on the other side.

Bubba, I'm just showing you that you are facing an entirely different management. You and SWAPA are like Wyle e coyote, you guys are standing on the train tracks with no idea that the train is Comming. The biggest problem is you senior guys are your own worst enemy. The company knows it, that is why there won't be a contract any time soon. I could tell you how to get a contract within 3 months by doing ONE thing (no strike, no sick out, no slow taxi) but the senior guys will never do it. I didn't vote, I won't vote and I don't care anymore. So it doesn't matter to me whether you get a contract or not. Unity.... F$& your unity, I'm here for ME, so suck it.

Yes, Fletch, we're all quite aware of your attitude, expressed succinctly in bold above; that was my whole point. Thanks for reiterating it, as expected. However your attempt to stir up trouble with others with fake rumors and lies is fairly transparent. You know, Fletch, just because you hate your work life, doesn't mean everyone else does.

Anyway, thanks also for pointing out that our management is "different" now. We really appreciate you pointing that out; I don't know if anyone on this side had noticed.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back