Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are the airtran to swa guys not voting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Woody, don't count on any retro.... The SWAPA proposal eliminates all FATs from retro pay.
I believe you had to be "on property before2012".
But you already won the lottery so you don't need it.

Well then it will be a no vote for me. Bad enough I don't get buddy passes if I am responsible and call in sick, now I don't get retro. To me it is the same as people that stop paying their mortgage and live in the house till they kicked out. Meanwhile they saved $1,500-$1,900 a month for 9 months (couple in my subdivision). There has to be an incentive for the company to settle this thing. As of now they got everything they want.

People talk about low morale blah blah... Until the application pile dries up they don't believe us.

Woody, SWAPA has no idea how to deal with hostile mgmt. the lead NC is an idiot. And from what I have seen, this maybe the worst union In my four airlines.

It's bad, but I don't think anything could be as bad as the NPA.

The SWAPA proposal eliminates all FATs from retro pay.

Nothing like a little unity building move to solidify the group against the company. Typical and why a lot of FATs don't care for SWAPA.

Phred

PCL, the dept of labor has had to intervene twice due to some irregularities within the union.

Woody, don't count on any retro.... The SWAPA proposal eliminates all FATs from retro pay.
But you already won the lottery so you don't need it.

What a bunch of whiny BS, Fletch.

You realize what retro is, right, Fletch? It's payment for yearly pay increase that you missed because you didn't have a new contract. So please tell me-- exactly what "retro" did you want on your AirTran contract that actually already had yearly pay increases scheduled through the end of 2014? That means you already got your yearly increases through the end of Airtran's existence. Not to mention you can't negotiate "retro" on a contract (Airtran's) that isn't even amenable.

Now, you'll get retro for whatever service you have at Southwest since the day you transitioned to our pay scale (which hasn't had an pay increase during the years of negotiation).

If you're actually claiming that you won't get retro pay for whatever Southwest service you have so far, then you're just pushing a BS line to stir up trouble. There isn't any legal difference between a FAT and an OAT as far as the seniority list and credible Southwest service for pay goes.

What's next, Fletch?-- you gonna tell us about some secret SLI provision where FATs are limited to only one meal per day or something? Or perhaps the provision where you have to submit to beatings? Don't forget about that one.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back