Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are the airtran to swa guys not voting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is the lack of voters due to ignorance or apathy?
I don't know, and I don't care!

Ignorance and apathy certainly aren't limited to SWAPA. We usually get somewhere near 50% voter turnout on "regular" election cycles (i.e. non-contract, non-SLI, etc.) I always figured that was probably pretty close to average for other airlines, but according to PCL, it's actually higher than most ALPA carriers.

So hurray for us; we're only half lazy and apathetic, as opposed to most ALPA carriers, who are apparently two-thirds lazy and apathetic. So there you go Delta--something else to argue about! In this instance, we suck less than you suck! :blush:

Bubba

Run off elections for President and 2nd VP are open until noon on November 25th. If you missed the first chance to vote, here is your second chance to participate.

True dat...along with several domicile elections. You can read their stances on the swapa website and pick one. Opting out just makes the pilot group look apathetic

If you're chicago based check out SK. He was a Captain rep at Comair and walked the picket line there. Excellent pilot advocate.

Not the kind of behavior you would expect from someone who will represent pilots. It's a stressful job. Clearly he can't handle stress.

Daddy, I am a FAT and the reason why I had a hard time voting (but did) is because I didn't know the history of the candidates. By his tone on the SWAPA forum I would have never voted for him but after flying with CAs that know him, they changed my mind so I did cast a vote yesterday and hope his plan isn't to sit down and "talk" to settle this contract.

Usually when I ask a CA about voting all I get is negative comments and basically get an earful of how screwed up swapa is. One guy apparently made $70,000 in a month according to a union magazine. That's the kind a check that makes me think don't vote for any current swapa people in office. Change the guard, drag out negotiations till the strike vote comes or we get full retro. I can't even get friends to log in to the forum because they hate swapa so much so I don't know how much unity there will be.

Latest resources

Back