• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's Flying Your Airplane? NO OUTSOURCING

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its so funny you guys want to "take back" flying. All some of you guys do is talk crap about regional pilots, regional planes, crappy regional overnights, etc. And at the same time you are going to fight to possibly get to fly something very similar to an RJ to these crappy little overnights. Go ahead and take back the flying, there wont be but ten of you that would fly something smaller than a 737 for less pay than what you are making now......

What can we do at the regional level to help your cause? I have bills and a family to take care of as well. All I can say is, dont sell out this time like others did

I'm sorry you thought so little of your position as an ATRCA.....Must have self esteem issues....The regionals fill those "big airplanes" and fill a very important role in the "legacy/global" network. I loved my 14 years as an ATR Capt...I guess you didn't....

I work for a money making carrier that provides much needed lift to the legacy/global carriers of United and Delta....My company has never lost money and has almost 1 Billion in cash.

How did those who went to work for TWA, Eastern, Pan Am, Braniff, work out? How about those who are at the bottom of the United and American lists? You are right about this business being "luck" and "crap"....that applies to those who stay and those who "move on"...

You must have "moved on"....I hope it works out for you...If it doesn't, don't blame me.....

Cash and cash equivalents of Skywest $76,414,000.00
Hardly 1 billion.

Taken from 2009 skywest annual report.

Our business model depends on major airlines, including Delta and United, electing to contract
with us instead of operating their own regional jets. Some major airlines, including Delta, American
and Alaska Airlines, own their own regional airlines or operate their own regional jets instead of
entering into contracts with regional carriers. We have no guarantee that in the future our code-share
partners will choose to enter into contracts with us instead of operating their own regional jets. Our
partners are not prohibited from doing so under our code-share agreements. A decision by Delta or
United to phase out code-share relationships and instead acquire and operate their own regional jets
could have a material adverse effect on our financial condition, results of operations or the price of our​
common stock.

Again, taken from 2009 skywest annual report....

Your profile indicates that you are corporate...Why the obsession with me?

Yes I PFT....That was the only way out of flight instructing in the early 90s...Had to get that seniority number y'know....

Yes I supported RJDC...However it wasn't to "get on Delta's list"....It was to prevent my union from negotiating against me....DFR and conflict of interest issues....

Never had another interview...Never applied anywhere since I was hired at ASA 17 years ago...Don't know where you got that misinformation from...

You sound bitter, yet you are corporate....What is your problem?

Not bitter at all. It's just your type. The huge sense of entitlement, not willing to take responsibility for your own actions. Joe, YOU have chosen to stay at ASA. That was your decision. If that ends up not working out, you have NO ONE to blame but yourself. You just aren't willing to take the risks involved in order to move on. You made your own bed.

They can negotiate a single list WITH us....or they can pound sand...I'm fine with either choice...

Who is they? You contract with CAL/UAL and Delta. do you expect to get a choice of which list to go on? If either or both choose not to renew their contract with you, do you still have a relationship which entitles you to a spot on their list? Do you still get a choice which list you go on? I'm sympathetic to your plight, but I just can't see where your seniority rights derive from. Please explain.

Why is this on the majors board. This has been twisted to some regional self centered desire. It was started as a major airline (e.g. No "express" on the side) call to all Major pilots commencing contract negtiations.

Move it to regional board and start over.

Really mister CHQ guy...I guess you have it all figured out....

1. I don't have a "crappy lifestyle"...I have a great lifestyle....Not sure where you got that from.

2. What is a "real airline"? Was Eastern a "real airline"? Was TWA a "real airline"? Was Braniff a "real airline"?

3. Natural order? Who dictates that? There is no guarantee that mainline pilots won't be furloughed or replaced either....No difference...

4. Why are you a "migrant worker" mister CHQ guy?
Are you really that dense?

1. Mid forties and living in your moms basement is not a great lifestyle.

2. Yes those were real airlines. You have no way of knowing when some limp dick CEO is gonna cash in and put you on the street.

3. I know I can be replaced at any time. When Mesa exits B.K. With $10/hr Captains and $5/hr Fo's, dontcha think we're all in trouble?

4. Regionals open and close domiciles at the whim of the respective major. Kinda hard have a normal life when you are displaced to a new domicile every year or so.

single seniority list flying all aircraft for each carrier.

Yes it is a good theory but in practice it would require senior "main line" pilots to give up pay and work rules. That will not happen. Most pilots cannot think about others. All they are concerned with is what they are receiving or are going to receive. Oh plus regional pilots are sub-par anyway.

Fairly accurate, except I rode a swearingen into MEM once with one engine out and a lot of ice. I was very impressed with the skill and expertise of those reagional pilots. However, being a retired senior pilot, I agree with the greed part. Sometimes you have to make them an offer they can't refuse.

Cash and cash equivalents of Skywest $76,414,000.00
Hardly 1 billion.

Taken from 2009 skywest annual report.
At June 30, 2010, SkyWest had approximately $746.1 million in cash and marketable securities, compared to approximately $732.4 million as of December 31, 2009.

Taken from SkyWest SECOND QUARTER 2010 RESULTS Press release. Marketable securities are very liquid securities that can be converted into cash quickly at a reasonable price. Think of it as cash reported in a different column.

Yes I PFT....That was the only way out of flight instructing in the early 90s...Had to get that seniority number y'know...

Hmm, I started getting my private in 1991 and was hired by Northwest in 1996. Don't know why you had trouble getting out of flight instructing. I can name about 20 of my buddies that did the same thing and are all majors now. It was actually rare to have guys PFT back then with the shortage of regional pilots they had. Either there was something on your record to prevent getting hired or someone sold you a bill of goods that PFT was the way to go. BTW, I was offered a job at ASA and after they told me about the "cost", I opted to go elsewhere.

Latest resources

Back