• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's Flying Your Airplane? NO OUTSOURCING

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The mainline MECs and pilot groups created this mess...Not the regional pilots. Many of us have now made a career at these regional airlines because that is where the jobs have been the last decade.

The mainline MECs and pilot groups can either INCLUDE me in a solution, or they can EXCLUDE me in a solution....Choose wisely, because I will not support a solution that EXCLUDES me....If that is the choice, you can count on me and others doing what we need to protect our jobs.....

The mainline MECs and pilot groups created this mess...Not the regional pilots. Many of us have now made a career at these regional airlines because that is where the jobs have been the last decade.

The mainline MECs and pilot groups can either INCLUDE me in a solution, or they can EXCLUDE me in a solution....Choose wisely, because I will not support a solution that EXCLUDES me....If that is the choice, you can count on me and others doing what we need to protect our jobs.....

And what tangible leverage to do YOU have in this fight?

Your terms suck Joe. You insist on your career needs being met firstmost by all and could care less wether or not you or anybody with you same imperative is violating another's contract. You are probably going to feel "excluded" and find yourself shocked at how little control you're going to have. You are a lost cause Joe. It will be a better thing to make an example of you, than try and rehab your attitude.

Your terms suck Joe. You insist on your career needs being met firstmost by all and could care less wether or not you or anybody with you same imperative is violating another's contract. You are probably going to feel "excluded" and find yourself shocked at how little control you're going to have. You are a lost cause Joe. It will be a better thing to make an example of you, than try and rehab your attitude.

This is exactly why ALPA has failed with regards to scope. Flop, let's say your contract is going to put me out of work...Do you really expect me to support putting myself out of work? In addition to being an idiot, you really don't even know how unionism works....That ain't the way to build bridges and find support from others.

You guys created the problem...I'm not going to take the fall for your mistakes....

Joe, what can you do if they don't renew your contract? I'm sympathetic to your plight, but I don't see anything that any regional pilot can do. You would have to have a scope clause that is binding on the mainline, and that won't happen. What else do you have in mind?

This is exactly why ALPA has failed with regards to scope. Flop, let's say your contract is going to put me out of work...Do you really expect me to support putting myself out of work? In addition to being an idiot, you really don't even know how unionism works....That ain't the way to build bridges and find support from others.

You guys created the problem...I'm not going to take the fall for your mistakes....

Unionism?! Don't lecture me about unionism Joe. First rule in unionism is to not violate another's contract. That's key. The CAL contract is primary to anything UAL signed or any agreement another group works under currently. If a worker in another union can't do a job without violating another worker's valid contract then that job never existed in the first place. That IS unionism. Look, I've been in three unions as a pilot. One was a closed shop. You know what that means? Be thankful ALPA isn't a closed shop Joe. Because you wouldn't be where you are.

Actually, they shouldn't give up a thing. There is pressure on management to get the merger completed from the stockholders. Management also can't cash in until the deal is done. As you say, there are some long term contracts still out there, so management can plan and ease into the transition. That also gives the pilots at the feeder time to get their ducks in a row to apply for the added positions mainline will need to fill.

Well, good luck to everyone. I'm going to grab some popcorn and watch this one from the front row. When you throw in the sideshow that is Capt Pierce and Capt Morse throwing public jabs at each other, I think this whole thing will get real ugly.

Richard Anderson, Ed Bastian, and Lee Moak are somewhere toasting champagne...

Unionism?! Don't lecture me about unionism Joe. First rule in unionism is to not violate another's contract. That's key. The CAL contract is primary to anything UAL signed or any agreement another group works under currently. If a worker in another union can't do a job without violating another worker's valid contract then that job never existed in the first place. That IS unionism. Look, I've been in three unions as a pilot. One was a closed shop. You know what that means? Be thankful ALPA isn't a closed shop Joe. Because you wouldn't be where you are.

I've never violated anyone's contract....Keep poking your finger in my eye and that WILL change...ALPA never has been a union. It's a very loose association of independant contractors who bid against one another for work....

The mainline should have kept the small plane flying in house as they once did...However the big egos at the mainline were too good to fly "little airplanes"....Too bad...so sad.....

Well, good luck to everyone. I'm going to grab some popcorn and watch this one from the front row. When you throw in the sideshow that is Capt Pierce and Capt Morse throwing public jabs at each other, I think this whole thing will get real ugly.

Richard Anderson, Ed Bastian, and Lee Moak are somewhere toasting champagne...

You got that right.

Latest resources

Back