• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's Flying Your Airplane? NO OUTSOURCING

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would ANY regional pilot have any right to any sort of integration with a mainline list? A staple would be more than fair if somehow ops were combined. Realistically,why should any mainline pilot really give two ********************s about regional pilots. Totally different worlds.

Take your kneepads off kid...Maybe you should just quit your job at CHQ since you think you are taking other peoples jobs.....

Joe,

I don't know if I've seen a more sad individual than yourself. You have no more control than the ramper loading your bags. Don't be so delusional. This fight needs to be fought, and unfortunately some will suffer for the greater good. Prepare yourself.

box

Joe Merchant is hilarious. He has PFT'd to get hired at ASA, sued to get on Delta's list with the rjdc, and admitted he has had several interviews but can't close the deal. Those are his three strikes and why he is stuck as a LIFER. None of this is his fault though. He blames ALPA, mainline pilots, etc. Look in the mirror Joe. He has no chance of going anywhere else.

Your profile indicates that you are corporate...Why the obsession with me?

Yes I PFT....That was the only way out of flight instructing in the early 90s...Had to get that seniority number y'know....

Yes I supported RJDC...However it wasn't to "get on Delta's list"....It was to prevent my union from negotiating against me....DFR and conflict of interest issues....

Never had another interview...Never applied anywhere since I was hired at ASA 17 years ago...Don't know where you got that misinformation from...

You sound bitter, yet you are corporate....What is your problem?

You gonna lose another lawsuit? Are folks on here supposed to be scared by you? Honestly. You're nobody. You just some guys sipping Diet Cokes in an RJ on your way back from a reduced rest overnight in BFE. Who gives a sheet!? You have no control. I frankly have no control either but at least I have a seat at the table. Contract carriers are the lowest life form in this business. It's well documented. It implies nothing about the pilots who work there. Most do a great job and carry on professionally. It unfortunately says a great deal about their employers and their business structure.

I'm sorry you thought so little of your position as an ATRCA.....Must have self esteem issues....The regionals fill those "big airplanes" and fill a very important role in the "legacy/global" network. I loved my 14 years as an ATR Capt...I guess you didn't....

ATRCA said:
You work for a contract carrier. It doesn't get any worse than that! Your along for the ride. If you have a career in 10 years it will be because of luck and luck only. Take a look around. CMR, XJT, Air Whisky et al were all once great places to work. Those days are over. The airline business is crap but being at the bottom of the sheet pile is worse that being at the top. You're at the bottom because that's the business your employer is in. Your boss is hitchhiking on the aviation highway, whoring himself out to the lowest bidder.......that means SO ARE YOU! Good luck to you. You have no say and while your threats probably give you the illusion of a voice, you have none. You're a cost, a small number among many larger ones. You'll never be asked for your opinion because no one cares what labor thinks. Face it and move on.

I work for a money making carrier that provides much needed lift to the legacy/global carriers of United and Delta....My company has never lost money and has almost 1 Billion in cash.

How did those who went to work for TWA, Eastern, Pan Am, Braniff, work out? How about those who are at the bottom of the United and American lists? You are right about this business being "luck" and "crap"....that applies to those who stay and those who "move on"...

You must have "moved on"....I hope it works out for you...If it doesn't, don't blame me.....

Joe, I agree with your views on ALPA. I think in the long run though you are going to be out of a job. There will be no integration or even a staple. You will maintain status quo until ASA goes the way of Comair. I don't know how old you are. If you're in your mid 40's, you might be able to retire before this happens. If you are in your 30's, I think the odds are against you. I would rather be dead last right now on Delta's list than number 1 on ASA's. Don't get me wrong, number 1 on ASA is better right now, but long term the Delta pilot is much better off.

Actually, that's exactly it's supposed to work. You put in your time at a regional then give up whatever crappy lifestyle you might have and start over again at a real airline. That's the natural order and there are no guarantees that you won't be furloughed or flat out replaced. You do realize that we only have jobs because United, American, etc replaced thousands of their pilots with us? A regional pilot is nothing more than a migrant worker, expendable and replaceable by the next CFI waiting at the flightschool. It's harsh, but that is the reality of working for a regional.

Really mister CHQ guy...I guess you have it all figured out....

1. I don't have a "crappy lifestyle"...I have a great lifestyle....Not sure where you got that from.

2. What is a "real airline"? Was Eastern a "real airline"? Was TWA a "real airline"? Was Braniff a "real airline"?

3. Natural order? Who dictates that? There is no guarantee that mainline pilots won't be furloughed or replaced either....No difference...

4. Why are you a "migrant worker" mister CHQ guy?

Joe,

I don't know if I've seen a more sad individual than yourself. You have no more control than the ramper loading your bags. Don't be so delusional. This fight needs to be fought, and unfortunately some will suffer for the greater good. Prepare yourself.

box

Don't you worry about me Mr. Boxjockey...I'll be fine....

I'm preparing myself for the fight.....Game on.....

Last edited:
Joe, I agree with your views on ALPA. I think in the long run though you are going to be out of a job. There will be no integration or even a staple. You will maintain status quo until ASA goes the way of Comair. I don't know how old you are. If you're in your mid 40's, you might be able to retire before this happens. If you are in your 30's, I think the odds are against you. I would rather be dead last right now on Delta's list than number 1 on ASA's. Don't get me wrong, number 1 on ASA is better right now, but long term the Delta pilot is much better off.

1. I only need about 10 more years....The regionals will be around that long...

2. The "big players" in the regional world will then compete with the "established" carriers....Republic is starting, and I suspect Skywest will move into that market in the next 10 years....

3. The 30 year old Delta pilot is probably better off.....The 45 year old ASA pilot is probably better off staying at ASA...Time will tell..

Too bad ALPA put us in this position of "picking sides", but that is the reality of the situation.....

I really don't think you are ever "safe". Guys at Pan Am thought they were "safe" same with Braniff. Comair guys thought they were "safe". You just never know in this biz. Contract or legacy you can ALWAYS get merged, bankrupted, or furloughed into the unemployment line. At the end of your career you will know if you made the right decisions along the way.

1. I only need about 10 more years....The regionals will be around that long...

2. The "big players" in the regional world will then compete with the "established" carriers....Republic is starting, and I suspect Skywest will move into that market in the next 10 years....

3. The 30 year old Delta pilot is probably better off.....The 45 year old ASA pilot is probably better off staying at ASA...Time will tell..

Too bad ALPA put us in this position of "picking sides", but that is the reality of the situation.....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can we just rename this thread already. I suggest "Hey kids don't grow-up to be like Joe!" I only need 10 more years! Game on! Cheers to you Joe, that made my night...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Latest resources

Back