Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Silly Ass Patrol". Love it!!!!

When I was a line rat they had a 172 at the airport. I fueled it up one morning, the whole time the two guys flying it watching me like a hawk. They finally said they had some super secret probation ultra-covert mission to fly that morning.

Two hours later I saw both of those buttnuggets walking out of a local fly in restaurant after I went with another dude for a $100 hamburger.

Yeah these guys were great. I too put myself through the ratings pumping gas at the airport. So this kid comes over to the FBO for his checkride in the CAP "super skyhawk". He successfully taxxied the plane from the T-hangers to the FBO...about a mile or so right. I go out to park him and he comes right at me....I can see his supercool flight suit and those HUGE maverick sunglasses to this day! He is sooooo cool that he ignores me and in some kind of crazy parking manuver tries to get the plane into a parking spot that it won't fit....he powers up...slides on the snow and smacks his left wing into the tail of the C152 next to him! Bent the tail of the poor innocent 152 right in half. He jumps out and forgets to turn off the plane....so it tries to take out another C152. He did get back in the plane and pull the mixture just before the prop sliced into the second 152. He closed the door and and wouldn't come out until the examiner came out to talk with him. BUT he looked cool as hell in that flight suit and sunglasses.

Found out later he went on the the Air Force Acedemy and flew F16's.

Biggest Loser Pilot

This is a great thread....I've seen these guys you are describing over and over throughout my entire career. But when it comes to the one I"ve flown with...

I did fly with PILOTYIP once.....
:uzi:

Sorry YIP...it was too easy.

:beer:

I'm normally not graced with the presence of another loser in our cockpits as a freight driver... but I did have an interesting convo with a company pilot jumpseating with me once. We were discussing flying overgross or out of CG limits...

Me: Well I think we're all guilty of draining some fuel with our pencils at one point or another... but overgross is overgross.
Jump: Well, the way I see it they can take the extra weight just fine and I'd rather get the job done and keep everyone happy.
Me: Hey, if we're over the contract weight screw it, not my problem. I'm not risking it so someone gets their tickle-me elmo ontime, I'll gladly tell them I can't accept it and we're at our contracted weight.
Jump: Well the chances of anything happening are so slim.
Me: Yeah, but why stack the cards against you? What's the reward?
Jump: Quite frankly when I started this job I wasn't in a good place in my life and I didn't really care if I died.
Me: Uh... oh, so I guess that's why they never have you do the passenger charters?
Jump: Yeah.

SpauldingSmails, everyone has flown over gross. The only difference is freight doggers are more sure of it than the rest.

The W & B info we use is all fictional anyway. On an A-320 there are a couple of computers called that FACs that among other things, calculate the aircraft's weight and C.G once airborne. This is done to generate speed tape minimum config speeds. Though the calculated weight is not displayed there is a way to look it up on the AIDS page of the MCDU. It is not unusual to see that the aircraft thinks it weighs five thousand pounds more than the W & B paperwork states it weighs. I have even seen the aircraft decide it was 12,000lbs heavier than the W & B paperwork.

For Airbus pilots the aircraft sometimes gives you a clue. If your target Vapp speed is right on the amber hook, you might be heavier than you think you are.

Riddle....

We had the "Best Pilot" from Riddle where I used to work...until he was told to pickup some parts at a nearby airport. The weather was IMC and he had to fly alone, single pilot. He went to get lunch and never came back...typical !!!

SpauldingSmails, everyone has flown over gross. The only difference is freight doggers are more sure of it than the rest.

The funny part wasn't flying overgross, it was the not caring if he died. Plus flying overgross in an A320 is lot different than a 40 year old piston beater that climbs like a heap to begin with.

I was just off of IOE, in LGA, and my captain and I got ramp checked. This particular FAA inspector had never been on an RJ before and asks my 7 year captain where the Airworthiness Certificate was, my captain couldn't tell him!! He looked around by his feet (like it was a 172) and finally looks at me and asks (in front of the FAA) "Do you know where it is?" I looked at him in total disbelief before realizing he is serioius and answering, "On the front of the cockpit door." He did several other things over the next few days which made it very evident to me he had no business flying an RJ.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back