Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
right on

stb said:
Thats Funny, they are the one that put us in this rj situation from the get go.
Back in the early 90's, Delta pilots voted to loosen restriction on Scope.
The rest of the industry wanted rj to be flown by their mainline.

I didn't mean to imply that the decisions the Delta pilots made on scope over the last dozen or so years were smart. Far from it. But it seems like the one thing they got right was realizing that focusing on restricting one particular certificate would do nothing to stop a company from adding another certificate to get around whatever restriction you were trying to enforce in the first place.

Not that they were any more enlightened than the other "not my problem" major pilot groups out there; I guess they just had a better lawyer.

You guys pretty much had it right.

Republic Airways Holdings is our parent company. Owning the following below.

Chautauqua Airlines - E145/140/135's For all of the airlines
Republic Airlines - E170 for Us Airways (E190 possible)
Shuttle America - E170 for United and Delta. ( The SF34's will slowly be phased out)

BlackPilot628 said:
You guys pretty much had it right.

Republic Airways Holdings is our parent company. Owning the following below.

Chautauqua Airlines - E145/140/135's For all of the airlines
Republic Airlines - E170 for Us Airways (E190 possible)
Shuttle America - E170 for United and Delta. ( The SF34's will slowly be phased out)

E190's for US Airway's highly likely, I'll bet. Expect 'em to take over any lingering 737 routes.

Especially with Mesa expected to lose the 56 jets it's currently operating for US Airways.

Good Question aa73. Still up in the air is who/what/when/where will fly 170/190 series jets at AMR. Perhaps Republic? Whoever mentioned "Corporate Shell Games" I think is the winner. With so many companies flying feed for everyone else, it is a huge mess. All the airlines are intertwined to some degree, at least as far as feed goes. I think the only people able to sort out this mess and might know what's "really" going on may be big shot corporate caddies in Dallas, Chicago or Atlanta country clubs.

While we're asking questions...From the CHQ CBA:
Line Guarantee
When the Company achieves a ninety-eight point five percent (98.5%)
completion factor for the month, a pilot who has been available for duty
during the entire month will receive the greater of one hundred percent
(100%) of his final bid award line value or his actual flight time, adjusted
for trip trades or drops.
Is that 98.5% completion factor consistently achieved? Or are y'all left hanging in the breeze on most months?. I mean all it takes is one healthy snowstorm and all that penalty box time would evaporate into thin air.

P38JLightning said:
I didn't mean to imply that the decisions the Delta pilots made on scope over the last dozen or so years were smart. Far from it. But it seems like the one thing they got right was realizing that focusing on restricting one particular certificate would do nothing to stop a company from adding another certificate to get around whatever restriction you were trying to enforce in the first place.

Not that they were any more enlightened than the other "not my problem" major pilot groups out there; I guess they just had a better lawyer.

I maybe wrong here but I think the Delta pilots gave this up. As long as its not ASA or Comair its OK.

Cardinal said:
While we're asking questions...From the CHQ CBA:

Is that 98.5% completion factor consistently achieved? Or are y'all left hanging in the breeze on most months?. I mean all it takes is one healthy snowstorm and all that penalty box time would evaporate into thin air.

Yeah, we make the 98.5 pretty consistently. Just to clarify though, we get block or better per leg, so all that penalty box time can't be wasted. Where the completion factor helps is our sh!tty cancellation pay (we have next to none). Good news is with the fee-per-departure scam, the company almost never cancels a leg unless it's completely unsalvageable ;))

aewanabe said:
Yeah, we make the 98.5 pretty consistently. Just to clarify though, we get block or better per leg, so all that penalty box time can't be wasted. Where the completion factor helps is our sh!tty cancellation pay (we have next to none). Good news is with the fee-per-departure scam, the company almost never cancels a leg unless it's completely unsalvageable ;))

Thanks for all the replies everyone. This is starting to sound like a replay of the 1980s when Texas Air Corporation owned about 100 different airlines. Corporate shell game is right.

Latest resources

Back