• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

White House & Capitol Evacuated

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone else remember that 'incident' during the Clinton administration when someone killed themselves by crashing a cessna on the front lawn of the white house? Left a minor divot in the lawn.

We can lambast the media for their inane reporting, and we can make fun of the pilot for being a total idiot. However, if we have many more incidents like this one, we can kiss much of our flying freedom goodbye. I saw a talking head today who was incredulous that these airplanes could fly anywhere without a flight plan. I wouldn't be suprised to soon see legislation introduced to require ALL flights to have a filed flight plan and to be in radio contact with ATC at all times.

A few idiots are going to ruin a very good thing we have here in the United States.

I'm tellin ya they should a shot that @#$$# down. It would make for better news anyway. "Cessna 152 Completly Obliterated by Fighter Jets" How small of pieces do you think they could get it down to?

TurboS7 said:
We shot an airliner down full of Arabs over the Gulf, why not a C-150

That was an accident, so they say. Also, I remember reading a few years after that incident, that the van belonging to the captain of the ship was blown up. I think his wife was driving but I don't think she died.

atrdriver said:
It was a CESSNA 150K for Christs sake. We're not talking about a 757, or even an RJ. It was a Cessna. I remember shortly after 9/11 a Cessna hit a building in FL and broke like 2 windows as it bounced off. And I remember some idiot reporter standing there and saying that they didn't think there was a chance of the building collapsing.

I find it interesting how the leaders of our great country react when their own lives are at stake.

Pugh said:
While we may all joke at the fact that a Cessna 152 will not obliterate the government, it is entirely possible for it to have explosives or chemical weapons onboard. That may sound like a stretch, but so did flying airliners into tall buildings a few years ago. I don't really think we can be too careful, but I hope someone in law enforcement has learned a few lessons from this non-event.

Not to rationalize the reactions of the media, law enforcement etc . but, there's a good point here; A 150 can be a threat if chemical or nreve agents are on board.

TurboS7 said:
We shot an airliner down full of Arabs over the Gulf, why not a C-150

And the problem is ???????

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back