White House & Capitol Evacuated

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

A1FlyBoy

Anyone have news on this? A small plane went off course, into restricted airspace, and caused panic in the Capitol.

From Drudge:
PANIC PANIC PANIC

SMALL PLANE 'OFF COURSE' CAUSES RAW ALARM IN WASHINGTON... WHITE HOUSE, CAPITOL WERE EVACUATED; VP CHENEY RACES OFF IN LIMO, STAFF RUNS FOR THEIR LIVES; Guard in West Wing of White House shouted at reporters, 'Go down into the basement'...'Leave, run' security officers shouted to staff and reporters at the Capitol Building. 'This is not a drill,' guards shouted forced people away from the building... Officers rushed through Supreme Court told staff to get into the basement...
This sucks..

sqwkvfr said:
From Drudge:
This sucks..

What really sucks is that these people are so God awful stupid to allow a panic to start over a small plane. People have just gone WAY overboard with this cr@p.

What REALLY sucks is that they let some douchebag into a "small plane" that obviously doesn't have a clue nor any business flying it.

It's the GA pilots that give GA the bad name, not the "small planes".

I was just watching MSNBCNNFOXABC...one of those channels, and according to them (because we ALL know that EVERYthing the news reports is accurate! *giggle*) the panic started after the plane originally turned away to exit the airspace, but then turned back towards the Capitol.

As a flight instructor who flies daily in the Baltimore Washington ADIZ, you really have to be aware of where you are at all times while flying here. This Monday I was less than 2 miles from the flight restriction zone doing a photo mission. I knew exactly where I was at all times and there was no problem. If pilots will take some extra time to know the area you are flying in it will make GA look much better. There really is no excuse for penetrating this airspace.

The pilot was forced to land at Frederick airport KFDK and was taken into custody fox reports.

Latest resources

Back