WHICH PLANE? A320 or 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
71KILO said:
Screw the French! If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!

Patton once said (and I paraphrase): I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me.

That says it all...

If the only thing going is a plane built by Boeing,
I'd much rather take "the bus":D

PHXFLYR:cool:

71KILO said:
I'll send you a French made white flag. I hear they have a government subsidized white flag factory in Toulouse right next to the Airbus factory and the never fired rifle factory.

just jokes Mark no need to get ugly...

i never get ugly..just even...actually my career is limited...light aircraft to lears to 727 to A300...i wrenched on the 727 so you can understand that my boeing experience is limited...but the bus has been good...but it looks like i will never fly one...probably end career on the A380..God willing!

How ironic this thread is. We want Virgin America to stay out, yet have no problem with a French product who is taking much business from an american company Boeing. The 737 is still the most produced narrow body A/C produced. Airbus has a long way to go before they even get close to catching up. Now, a 737-700ER will enter the market. If you were to get a type and had a choice, go with what most carriers around the world use.

BOEING

HighSpeedClimb said:
The 737 is still the most produced narrow body A/C produced. Airbus has a long way to go before they even get close to catching up.
BOEING

While technically true, this is a bit disingenious considering when the first A320 series a/c entered service vs. the first 737. Not taking anything away from the massive # of 737's Boeing has made, just saying often numbers are made to say what we want them to.

Marko Ramius said:
Not taking anything away from the massive # of 737's Boeing has made, just saying often numbers are made to say what we want them to.
There are lies, dang lies, and statistics.

I gotta throw my 0.02 in here. Obviously, as an AQ pilot, I'm a Boeing guy. But I reallllllly want to fly the Airbus. I've talked to a bunch of guys who have and they all say the same thing. It has tons of room, a great place to stick your favorite FA (on the tray in front of you), and the reliability of the a/c is almost as high as said FA straddling your yoke...er, where your yoke should be.

No really! A whole bunch of room and no actual physical links to the aircraft control surfaces just rocks! The way my contract is written, the Airbus is nothing but a dream for me.

I guess the drawback is, I'm really into the whole American thing. I don't care if it's a Ford or a Boeing. I don't care if the company outsources 99.8% of its work. Boeing is more American than Airbus....period...

Are y'all serious? You are really into the whole "American thing?" Me too, but I own a shee-eyet ton of things that aren't made in this country. Where was you ipod made? Your coffee maker? Your alarm clock? Your weed eater? How about the damn computer I am typing on? I cannot believe this thread even exists considering it took me all night getting foshizziled to waste my time and post on this thread. This topic is as retarded as a Honda vs. Ford thread. And don't give me that crap about a product being built somewhere else but the profits coming home to America.

Besides, chics dig planes with foreign accents.

Last edited:
Bavarian Chef said:
Are y'all serious? You are really into the whole "American thing?" Me too, but I own a shee-eyet ton of things that aren't made in this country. Where was you ipod made? Your coffee maker? Your alarm clock? Your weed eater? How about the dang computer I am typing on? I cannot believe this thread even exists considering it took me all night getting foshizziled to waste my time and post on this thread. This topic is as retarded as a Honda vs. Ford thread. And don't give me that crap about a product being built somewhere else but the profits coming home to America.

Besides, chics dig planes with foreign accents.

Well said.. look at how Boeing has failed to preserve jobs...

CaptainMark said:
i never get ugly..just even...actually my career is limited...light aircraft to lears to 727 to A300...i wrenched on the 727 so you can understand that my boeing experience is limited...but the bus has been good...but it looks like i will never fly one...probably end career on the A380..God willing!

Does that mean you won't write me an on-line rec or talk to an ACP for me?

I'll buy beer!....

Latest resources

Back