• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WHICH PLANE? A320 or 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I haven't flown either, but from much jumpseat riding in both, the Airbus wins hands down in the comfort catagory.

If you are looking for a roomy cockpit, that is comfortable in an airplane that requires very little effort to fly - the A320 is the way to go.

The one that pays the most, gives you the most days off and takes you to retirement. Anything else is for guys with PFT or SJS like PCL_128

The Airbus cockpit is much roomier, quieter, and sits higher up. It is also more ergonomic (designed from scratch in the late 1980's for ease of work) whereas the 737 is basically a 1960's design.

I fly an MD11 now, and it's basically a DC10 with glass. I much prefered the A320 cockpit (but obviously I prefer flying a "heavy" to int'l destinations.)

Bus or Boeing

Have flown them both.
For ease of handleing and ability to feel what the A/C will do the 737 wins, but not by a whole bunch.
For sheer room in the cockpit and ergonomics the Bus wins that one easily.
I call the Airbus the Anti-Boeing, because it does everything the opposite.
Switch positions, FMGS entries to the scratch pad, and has a stiffer feel to the wings. Plus the sound of the brake shuttle valves slamming back and forth during taxi is unnerving until you get used to it.
Have been on the Bus now for my 4th year and have been assiliminated
(reisitance is futile). But really have no complaints about either one .
Will say since I'm over 6' tall the Bus is more comfortable to be in, and I don't have to duck under while doing a walkaround.
Boeing does however build a far better widebody A/C than Airbus.
Have flown both the 767/330 and the Boieng is a superior product IMHO.
Let the debate continue

Latest resources

Back