Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good one Gunfyter

Good one Gunfyter.

Majik -- I do not know all of them but here are some for starters (of course you will laugh at some as being too minor but they did come from the owners): (1) minimum flight segment waivers, (2) waivers of ferry charges to/from Hawaii in certain circumstances, (3) adding parts of the Caribbean and Mexico to the destinations with out incurring ferry charges, (4) fixed ferry charge to/from Bermuda, (5) new cabin snacks (which benefit the crew more than the owners -- I know many of you like those new nuts and thin cookies), (6) upgraded beverage selection, (7) new seating configuration and luggage space (finally) in the Hawker 800.

NetJetWife -- I will try it on the next flight even though I am reluctant to do so. A $100 tip for the crew and I will let you know their reaction. As far as flyiong through difficult situations, there are probably thousands of posts on the board to the effect that the "good" pilots keep us out of trouble and avoid situations we are not even aware of so that we have an enjoyable flight. So to base a tip on that fact would result in the better pilots getting less tips.

G200 -- it is not strange that I am on the pilots website. I have 2 computers on my desk, a piece of an airplane and a NetJets bills every month. It is not like I am on dial-up from a hotel. I like to keep track of what is happening at the organization at which I have $$ tied up. Plus, sometimes you guys can be entertaining. That Beach Boy's "Camel-toe" song on one of the other boards has kept several in my office laughing for weeks.

Fly safe.

Last edited:
Once again you have MISSED the point completely. What have you done to affect change for the PILOTS ? That was the ORIGINAL intent of the question posed WAY BACK in this thread. I don't care if you eat OREOs or WAFERS. And no, YOUR SNACK CHOICES do NOT make this a better job...sorry. KEEEEEP TRYING ! (Let me say again, you have NO responsibility to make ANY changes on our behalf...your answer just doesn't jive)

As for tipping. Just sit back and think for a moment how PITIFUL it is that a thread like this even needs to be discussed. THE PILOTS (and families) ACTIVELY ENGAGING AN OWNER REGARDING HOW MUCH THEY SHOULD TIP US....UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE !!! And how embarrassing ! Again, it doesn't matter to ANY OWNER at Nutjets how much we are paid...AND IT SHOULDN'T ! MANAGEMENT is who we have a HUGE $$$ PROBLEM WITH !!! We, the pilot group, need to vote this TA down and, if need be, shut this whorehouse down and provide more customers to FLOPS and CS ! That's the free economy bayyybeeeee !

As for those actually still thinking about coming here....PLEASE RE-READ this thread and ask yourself why Nutjet pilots are begging for tips. JUST SAY NO !

Am I actually agreeing with Snake?

As strange as it may seem, I agree with Snake's 2nd paragraph:

"As for tipping. Just sit back and think for a moment how PITIFUL it is that a thread like this even needs to be discussed. THE PILOTS (and families) ACTIVELY ENGAGING AN OWNER REGARDING HOW MUCH THEY SHOULD TIP US....UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE !!! And how embarrassing ! Again, it doesn't matter to ANY OWNER at Nutjets how much we are paid...AND IT SHOULDN'T ! MANAGEMENT is who we have a HUGE $$$ PROBLEM WITH !!! We, the pilot group, need to vote this TA down and, if need be, shut this whorehouse down and provide more customers to FLOPS and CS ! That's the free economy bayyybeeeee !"

I was just responding to some pilot's wife's request for tips.

But, I never said that the owners HAVE effected change for the pilots, just that we have the ability to do so. While management may not listen to the union or the pilots, it does listen to the owners. No owners = no planes = no need for pilots.

Fly safe.

Sctt@NJA said:
This tipping talk makes me uncomfortable. Please do not feel like you need to tip the pilots.

I have accepted tips and been glad for the money. But it also makes me feel a bit dirty. However I would NEVER EVER ask for or hint about getting a tip. Thats way low and dirty.

So I just wanted to add my 2 cents and say please do not feel obligated to tip!
I want to make it absolutely clear that my husband does NOT ask/hint for tips. But they have been FREELY given and were appreciated, esp. by the Fo/FOs. There is nothing wrong with accepting recognition and thanks, in the form of a tip, for a job well done and service above and beyond what was mandated.

NJAowner said:
But, I never said that the owners HAVE effected change for the pilots, just that we have the ability to do so. While management may not listen to the union or the pilots, it does listen to the owners.
Well don't hold back. Knock yourself out. You have my full permission to do whatever is in your power. It's only been three years. What are you waiting for, an invitation???

NJAOwner, since you're on this site to watch and learn because you have lots of money invested in NJA, you must be sweating a little more than before.

I'm sure you've read by many of us like Griz, Diesel, Lear55 and Gunfyter that Boisture gave NJA's financials to our MEC. In those financials, the company is barely afloat. It's a miracle in itself that we have survived this long, let alone another 5 years. According to Boisture, we have much cost cutting to do. This, of course, will invariably directly affect your service.

In addition, Boisture has concluded that our famous business model is not working. The model of generating income from aircraft sales/resales is causing NJA to go into the red. We now have to dig into flight operations (read Monthly Management Fees) for additional sources of income. This undoubtly will require NJA to increase the MMA above the 3.75% annual increase.

We are already easily the most expensive fractional out there. Santulli said three years ago very confidently that FlexJet or Flight Options will go under pretty soon. That has not happened, and in fact, Options is growing and Citation Shares is proving to be a better option than the big 3 frac thus grabbing very valuable market share from us.

The writing is on the wall, my friend. It may be in your best interest to look elsewhere when your contract is up.

I.

The writing is on the wall, my friend. It may be in your best interest to look elsewhere when your contract is up.
NJAOWNER, to add to this, Citation Shares has the Excel and will soon be able to upgrade you to the Sovereign. Netjets is going broke, so I fully expect the Sovereign order to be cancelled very soon. Crews have to pull the power back during ferry flights to save on gas, and maintenance items are being deferred at an enormous rate. Service from the flight crews continues to exceed expectations while increased pressure from management and scheduling only makes the job harder. Fatigue is another issue that is rearing its ugly head. Crews are working 14 hour days with show times at legal, and forced to sit around the FBOs until 12 hours of duty has elapsed in the event there aren't any flights. Obviously Netjets has oversold its capacity, operational inefficiencies and exorbitant crew salaries will soon bring the father of fractional aviation to a final conclusion. As for your tag line "Fly Safe".....safety starts with the company. Next time you fly, ask your crew how long they have been on duty and how much sleep they got the night before. If I were riding in the back, there are a few things I would like to know before the airplane moves.

1. How is the weather?

2. Is the crew well rested?

3. Is the airplane airworthy?

4. Is the beer cold?

Live4flyng said:
and maintenance items are being deferred at an enormous rate.
I can tell you that we defer items when the acft needs to fly. Once you stop in a maintenance facility, we get as much done as we can. Our big problem is the entertainment systems. When these items are deferred more than a week or so, it is usually because parts are not available. Otherwise we do everything in our power to give you an aircraft with no MEL's. The people I work with and myself are very pro-active about having maintenance done at the very first opportunity. Nobody has ever told me not to have the work done that needs to be done.

Live4flyng said:
If I were riding in the back, there are a few things I would like to know before the airplane moves.

3. Is the airplane airworthy?
I can tell you that I would have absolutely no problems putting myself or my family on any QS tail number.

beytzim said:
We are already easily the most expensive fractional out there. Santulli said three years ago very confidently that FlexJet or Flight Options will go under pretty soon. That has not happened, and in fact, Options is growing and Citation Shares is proving to be a better option than the big 3 frac thus grabbing very valuable market share from us.
What are these facts you speak of? How exactly are CS or FLEX better options?

Latest resources

Back