Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where in the carolina's would you retire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who says you aren't already one?? Again I ask, why can southerners trash talk northerners, but when its the other way around you get all defensive? You guys are the ones with the name calling, and honestly, I could give a rats a$$.

PS-There's absolutely nothing wrong with "us" people. Again, you can dish it out, but certainly can't take it.
Yes there is. First, you move down south and try to turn it into New York. Nothing is any good unless its from NY. "Well, back in New Yawk..." is the beginning of every single thing you say. You're stuck up, don't want to talk to anyone. Everyone down here is too stupid for you. Nothing is ever fast enough. Oh and how I LOVE it when in any movie, commercial or radio, when someone is cool, they have a NY accent. But if the point is to be made that someone is dumb, it's always a southern accent.
Man! Don't get me started.

Yes there is. First, you move down south and try to turn it into New York. Nothing is any good unless its from NY. "Well, back in New Yawk..." is the beginning of every single thing you say. You're stuck up, don't want to talk to anyone. Everyone down here is too stupid for you. Nothing is ever fast enough. Oh and how I LOVE it when in any movie, commercial or radio, when someone is cool, they have a NY accent. But if the point is to be made that someone is dumb, it's always a southern accent.

Got chip? On shoulder?

Deleted

Last edited:

Don't hold back, let it all out!!!! How do we turn the south into NY?? Gimme some examples. As for the accent thing, well, such is life and we have no control what is said/put on TV or radio. You must be one bitter individual. Stuck up and don't want to talk to anybody?? Gimme a freakin' break. You have some issues you may want to deal with, seriously!!!!

Think twice before moving to NC. Taxes are terrible, and if your from the north and you live in a smaller town, your not welcome. I lived all over the country and NC was the worst experience that I have ever had. I see you live in the Midwest..people in the midwest were the best. Southern hospitality is for those who are born and raised there. I am not alone..many of my co-workers had the same experience and moved out as well.

You don't have to be raised here, but you do have to be courteous and respectful. We are rude to "uptight pretentous yankees" because they act like a-holes. If you are an obnoxious arrogant yankee that likes to make fun of people down south you will not be welcomed. It seems New Jersey and Ohio are the worst in Charleston. I know this because I am a yankee that married a souther belle.

I live over by Greenville. Greenville is really nice city, with a great downtown area. Mountains not too far west, ocean about 3 hours east. However, my favorite place in the Carolinas would have to be either Asheville, or Charleston (and surrounding area, such as Mt. Pleasant, Sullivan's Island and Folly Beach).

Greenville is probably the cheapest of the three places and comes highly recommended, though.

Moving to the south (or anywhere else) is like interviewing for a frac job. It's more your attitude than where you came from. Some get it, some don't.

Well said, sir!

I used to live in the Greenville area. If I had to choose, I would go to western NC/Asheville area. A lot of it depends on whether you prefer mountains or the beach. I like the mmountains and western NC has a lot of little mountain towns with very nice people and cooler weather than the low country. It is as close as you can find to Mayberry.

Latest resources

Back