• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When does CAL hiring starts again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Usually initially by phone. So if you have voicemail make sure it is what you would want any professional to hear.Good Luck--- we are hiring about 60-70 a month at the moment and new hires are going to mainly EWR on the 737, but also the the 756. Keep you applications updated regularily and keep in touch with as many folks at Continental that you can. Great place to be! Hope you get to experience it.​

Heard hiring will increase to 70 per month! Not sure if this is true but the source is well-connected with mgmt and got that number directly from someone in the hiring dept.

Largest spike in retirements ever at CAL will occur over the next 12 months yet will continue to be strong for the next 3-4 years.

whymeworry? said:
Largest spike in retirements ever at CAL will occur over the next 12 months yet will continue to be strong for the next 3-4 years.

Unless the age 60 rule changes.

Only way we will ever know if that is true is when the rule officially changes. Lots of speculation about this. Many of the guys I have flown with are leaving regardless of the change.

Crucianpilot said:
Only way we will ever know if that is true is when the rule officially changes. Lots of speculation about this. Many of the guys I have flown with are leaving regardless of the change.

What?

Okay, apparently Sacko didn't understand my post. Most of the guys I have flown with are going to retire at 60 regardless of the change in the rule. If and when the rule is officially passed, then we will know if the retirement rate will change.

Crucianpilot said:
Okay, apparently Sacko didn't understand my post. Most of the guys I have flown with are going to retire at 60 regardless of the change in the rule. If and when the rule is officially passed, then we will know if the retirement rate will change.

Much much better, sorry man, I just didn't know what question you were answering. Understand it now. BTW have you noticed most of the 83 hires want to fly until they die, but 99% of the others want to retire today, if monetarily possible. I ask that question somewhere during the trip. It's still playing out true. I don't get it? Not picking, just an observation.

No problem. Haven't looked at hire dates of guys I have flown with but that is an interesting point. Not sure why that is.

Latest resources

Back