• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When can AirTran dump ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great post. I don't claim to know why he chose this path but I can only imagine the crap he went through over the last couple years. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, no matter which crowd you support in this MC vs MEC debacle.

R.I.P RB

We've all gone through crap over the last three years. To reduce this person's situation to this does a huge disservice. While I vehemently disagreed, I'd like to give him more credit than this. We'll never know the rationale, but to speculate does a disservice to the deceased and their family.

I've personally held my family closer today and can only hope that none of the rest of us succumb to this disparity, no matter the cause.

I worked with Rich closely for years. He was my Captain on many occasions. We worked together, flew together, laughed, argued, agreeded on many things and disagreed on a few. I read his emails, slung his gear, and got several free meals on overnights. He was funloving, always had a bright smile and a passion for what he believed in. He had a deep love for Airtran, its pilots, and their welfare. Above all that, he loved his wonderful wife. This is how I knew him, and will honor and remember him. I loved him, he is my Airtran brother.
Matt Helms.

I flew with him several months back....we talked about his trip to Africa and football. I saw many pictures of his vacation with Stacey and told him how the Falcons were going to the Super Bowl. We didn't talk about work, SLI, or the union on purpose. I hope he was at peace during our times together. You NEVER know what is going on in someones life. The Bible teaches two very important lessons. To love God with all your heart and to love you neighbor. This I will do more diligently.

"For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: Love your neighbor as yourself." Galatians 5:14

Tail winds and fair weather my brother....God speed.

If only we all stopped long enough to realize what we do to each other? I'm as guilty as anybody else. No seniority list, seat in an airplane or hourly wage is worth 1 life. I wish I could take back some things I have posted, I wish the words of peace I have spoke could be more fruitful. I have flown with many AT folks who have transitioned over and I must say they have all been wonderful people. Whatever it takes to take the stress away from both sides we should try to do. Let's not lose another person to this foolish game. I'm deeply saddened by this and I didn't even know him. God Bless all of you who did and may you have some peace.

If only we all stopped long enough to realize what we do to each other? I'm as guilty as anybody else. No seniority list, seat in an airplane or hourly wage is worth 1 life. I wish I could take back some things I have posted, I wish the words of peace I have spoke could be more fruitful. I have flown with many AT folks who have transitioned over and I must say they have all been wonderful people. Whatever it takes to take the stress away from both sides we should try to do. Let's not lose another person to this foolish game. I'm deeply saddened by this and I didn't even know him. God Bless all of you who did and may you have some peace.

+1. Well said my friend.

Agree 100% and very well put. I wish it didn't take something so terrible to put things in perspective. Would that things were different.

Lots of mean stuff said to that dude. Some real soul searching today....

I think that's the problem with social media. Things can be written and said on such a harsh or direct manner because there is no human or emotional reaction that is tangible. You can't see what is being said having an impact on a person. I've tried to be somewhat civil because of that...now I have had some spirited debates with friends over beers and sometimes they were intense...but having a face to face conversation keeps it civil because you can see the impact of your thoughts in person.

Amen Bake!

RIP Rich.

Latest resources

Back