• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When can AirTran dump ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People are mourning and you're posting this kind of crap? I've reported your posts to the moderators. Hopefully this forum still has some who pay attention.

Deeply saddened to read about this tragic loss. My prayers to Rich's wife and family. I've been told that SWAPA CISM is reaching out to his family to give them any assistance they need during difficult time. I was really looking forward to flying with Rich when he transitioned next month. God's speed.

May god bless him and his family. What a horrible and sad time for his family :(

As someone pointed out earlier it's so sad that it happens in our profession. I personally have lost 2 fellow airline friends to suicide. It is devastating. And the FAA has such horrible rules regarding depression, antidepressants and counseling. Unfortunately we all live looking over our shoulders worrying if we will lose our medicals. We need better rules and more compassion from the FAA concerning this. It truly makes me sad that we lost another fellow pilot. God bless to his family :(

Well said capn b.head

All of you throwing stones at each other and the guy just passed away less than 24 hours ago.

How about everyone just lay off for a while and just let people pass their condolences who wish to.

"SWA's heavy handedness"

Not Heavy Handedness, just corporate responsibility, nice try at deflection...I would expect ALPA would be interested also...

This is what you guy are now arguing about? Really? I may have to agree with PCL for once. Just step away from the key board if this is the crap you need to fight over.

Sad, just very sad. My condolences to all the people that knew him.

M

I am not on this forum much, however this comment is way out of line and I am embarrassed to say you are one of my fellow pilots on the TRAN side. Heck maybe we have even flown together. That being said what Rich did on the merger committee and him killing himself for whatever may be the reason has no bearing on you being pissed off about your spot on the SLI. He was a human being, and for whatever reason killed himself-as far as I am concerned it was between him and God.

Rich was a good person, he was very passionate about the integration and felt in his heart that he did the right thing for the group, weather you agree or not. I stood next to him in the crew room a few months back and guys were coming up to him threatening him, wtf, he was just one of 4 guys on the committee, maybe the most vocal, but still just one of 4!! We all know MGMT had there hands in the cookie jar long ago---swapa and alpo were just pawns in this fight.

FWIW...just my opinion

Fair winds my friend......God Bless.

Great post. I don't claim to know why he chose this path but I can only imagine the crap he went through over the last couple years. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, no matter which crowd you support in this MC vs MEC debacle.

R.I.P RB

Latest resources

Back