• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When can AirTran dump ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAI was a worthy adversary in BWI and had built a business in DL's fortress, and just because I would rather work at SWA doesn't mean I believe the AAI acq was bad for the company...

The aircraft that are being used to replace the 717s are all aircraft that could have been used to grow SWA, not to provide seats for 1100 pilots who are no longer bringing seats to acquisition.

Seems like GK might have been saying that there weren't many market opportunities left to grow, what with AirTran competing in 70 cities . . . However, if they bought AirTran, then there would be more opportunities for growth, with less competition.

I don't know why some guys still want to argue about this stuff, anyway. . . A few Pilots on both lists saw improvements, the vast majority of us did not.

I understand that you feel cheated out of the possibility of future growth. We lost more than a possibility of growth; in my case, I lost 3.5 years, a Captain seat I had held for ten years, and my on-line commute. I feel your pain, and more.

To MJ, Red, ScoreBoard2, Bubba, and many others who seem to understand where we are coming from- Thanks, guys, it is appreciated. The less I feel like I have to "defend" our situation, the easier it is for me to appreciate what the RSW pilots have been going through lately, too. It definitely gives me hope that this will all behind us eventually, and we will all be working for a better, stronger company.

Regards,
Ty

Last edited:
I love hearing the ALPA success stories from the rEAL, Midwest, Emery, PAN-AM pilots about how well they were sodomized, I mean represented by that illustrious institution.

:rolleyes: Ok, a tiny aside: Kharma, when you composed this sentence TWA didn't creep into your mind at all? Just a little? I know! I'm biased!

Ok, back to the thread......

Seems like GK might have been saying that there weren't many market opportunities left to grow, what with AirTran competing in 70 cities . . . However, if they bought AirTran, then there would be more opportunities for growth, with less competition.

I don't know why some guys still want to argue about this stuff, anyway. . . A few Pilots on both lists saw improvements, the vast majority of us did not.

I understand that you feel cheated out of the possibility of future growth. We lost more than a possibility of growth; in my case, I lost 3.5 years, a Captain seat I had held for ten years, and my on-line commute. I feel your pain, and more.

To MJ, Red, ScoreBoard2, Bubba, and many others who seem to understand where we are coming from- Thanks, guys, it is appreciated. The less I feel like I have to "defend" our situation, the easier it is for me to appreciate what the RSW pilots have been going through lately, too. It definitely gives me hope that this will all behind us eventually, and we will all be working for a better, stronger company.

Regards,
Ty
Thanks Ty, back at you and all the AT soon to be SWA bro's.

Remember, not one pilot decided to do this, feel like throwing blame or flame, his name is Gary Kelly.

The aircraft that are being used to replace the 717s are all aircraft that could have been used to grow SWA, not to provide seats for 1100 pilots who are no longer bringing seats to acquisition.
Could have, a very big if, and only if GK decided to dive head first into ATL with a direct fight with DAL and AT, which he obviously had no stomach for. Got to respect a man who knows his limitations.:D

"It wasn't do we grow Southwest, or do we buy AirTran? It was, we need AirTran, so we can grow in the future," Mr. Kelly said
Do I really need to repost again the severe difficulties your EX CEO was stating about AAI. Get a clue about AAI. Some of you trannies really are selfish all about me want everything morons.

Last edited:
Do I really need to repost again the severe difficulties your EX CEO was stating about AAI. Get a clue about AAI. Some of you trannies really are selfish all about me want everything morons.

He is simply posting a quote from "Gary".....Why the attack? He is correct and you seem to be biased towards what you want to believe rather than the truth. The simple truth is SWA couldn't have had a hub in ATL without buying AT. Hello....that's growth. The domestic market has matured and there is no longer room to grow like SWA did in the past, hence the need to acquire competition. Viewing from the sidelines I would say SOME of you SWA folks come across as the all about me folks in this merger more than the AirTran folks.

Get a clue vixin. The quote was in response to a selfish all about me want everything moron wn pilot who was complaining about no growth and blaming it on the trannies.

Get a clue vixin. The quote was in response to a selfish all about me want everything moron wn pilot who was complaining about no growth and blaming it on the trannies.

You talking about me LUV2B mad? I never blamed the trannies for no growth. That was Gary's decision. Had nothing to do with a single WN pilot. Sorry.

You're free to continue your angry rant though. I'll continue to call BS when I see it.

That wasn't our choice. It was SWA's. We were along for the ride. We were told they were staying.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back