• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anyone thinks there's nothing wrong with a 6/3 schedule. Try working it and show up with a stupid grin on your face loving your job. You guys are the type that the wheels up executives will love as you drag the rest of the industry to a new low if it can get any lower....

^^^Not sure if that is Wheels Up doing or Gama. Either way, its not good. I do believe within 6-8 months the sched will improve with more planes on property. As the pilot group gets bigger in the next 12 months, they will revolt if the sched does not get better.

Interesting comments on the 6/3 :p

But how come nobody has brought up the SIC in a single pilot airplane not being able to log the time...

...although I haven't seen the certificate, but I cant imagine it would not allow autopilot in lieu of?!?

Simuliar to the P-180. Single pilot aircraft that had an auto pilot. The certificate required two pilots. The guy in the right seat logged SIC time, because it was required to have an SIC at Avantair for all pax legs. Occasionally on repo legs, there would be only one pilot on board.
Anyway, the same should be true flying the KA 350 for Gama. If your a First Officer, you will be logging SIC time. Not PIC time when you flew the plane (even though they will be typed in the plane) The CA signed for the plane, so he/she will log PIC time. Simuliar to the airlines. Easy enough :)

I know of a few Fed Ex delivery guys who started in the mid-80s, and by the mid-90s were buying $750,000+ homes for cash by using their stock options. They went to the closings between stops in full Fed Ex gear. The realtors and thought they were executives until they showed up at the closing.

Simuliar to the P-180. Single pilot aircraft that had an auto pilot. The certificate required two pilots. The guy in the right seat logged SIC time, because it was required to have an SIC at Avantair for all pax legs. Occasionally on repo legs, there would be only one pilot on board.
Anyway, the same should be true flying the KA 350 for Gama. If your a First Officer, you will be logging SIC time. Not PIC time when you flew the plane (even though they will be typed in the plane) The CA signed for the plane, so he/she will log PIC time. Simuliar to the airlines. Easy enough :)

lol, you said the same thing I did, in that it all depends on their certificate...

...but if they get the autopilot in lieu of SIC (like 99% of all King Air operators) then the right seat time is worthless ;)

ok. I am pretty sure that all of the KA 350s that Gama is flying have autopilots. And they are currently hiring First Officers (and CA's), so I am willing to bet that their certificate requires a FO, and in turn that FO is logging all flight time as SIC time. On their resume they will be putting down their 135 sic time as well as total time, ect. These aircraft will be operated with a crew. And the right seat time is not worthless. (or maybe the P-180 fo time was) ;)

I know of a few Fed Ex delivery guys who started in the mid-80s, and by the mid-90s were buying $750,000+ homes for cash by using their stock options. They went to the closings between stops in full Fed Ex gear. The realtors and thought they were executives until they showed up at the closing.

Sure you did. Just a "few?" :laugh:

not so fast jack

you forgot about the tiny part 61 reg that also mentions (sole manipulator of the controls)

^^^Sole manipulator does not mean jack to Major Airlines-if that's one of the places you wnat to end up. It's about who signed for the aircraft. If you have ever filled out the Airlineapps, they break down PIC time nicley. By the way, what is the CA logging if the Fo is also logging PIC time when they get to fly? They can't both log PIC time.

Latest resources

Back