• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have no idea what the interviewers background is. Any flight instructor knows about the part 61 sole manipulator wording. And how is the interviewer going to prove or know who signed for the aircraft?

I have an idea what the interviewers background is. Since you responded to a quote that addressed "airlines" - the interviewer will laugh you out of the office when you tell them that you logged PIC time, when you were employed as an SIC in a multi-crew airplane.

You may now return to your 7E7 on flight sim.

^^^^This. I can't believe we are even having this discussion. Both pilots logging PIC time. That's funny right there. ;)
When I did IOE as a CA in training on a DHC, I logged SIC time-the Line Check aiman logged PIC time. His name was on the release. When two Captains fly together, the one whos name is on the release loggs PIC time-the other guy/gal can't. jetBlue is one of the airlines that spells it out easy enough-one of the requirements to count PIC time on their application is "the one who signed for the aircraft"

No sheet. Now back to Wheels-Up/Gama baby! :beer:

Still trying to figure out how GAMA can have a 135 certificate...when they are foreign owned...

oh oh...kinda like Jet Solutions...49% owned by a Canadian company (under the limit :))..but who controls the certificate...guess we don't have to worry about that anymore with a US company buying Flexjets...that Dallas FSDO can work things out..just have to know the right people...

...and it helps to put the former head of the FAA (Jane Garvey) on your board of directors when things get really hot with Congress...Jane joins the Obama's administration in 2008 after things quiet down...

...all facts that you can confirm on the Internet...and if you don't believe that...it has been on flightinfo.com which is the bible of truth and credible dialogue...

How long before Wheels Up needs a union or we start hearing about QOL?

Still trying to figure out how GAMA can have a 135 certificate...when they are foreign owned...

oh oh...kinda like Jet Solutions...49% owned by a Canadian company (under the limit :))..but who controls the certificate...guess we don't have to worry about that anymore with a US company buying Flexjets...that Dallas FSDO can work things out..just have to know the right people...

...and it helps to put the former head of the FAA (Jane Garvey) on your board of directors when things get really hot with Congress...Jane joins the Obama's administration in 2008 after things quiet down...

...all facts that you can confirm on the Internet...and if you don't believe that...it has been on flightinfo.com which is the bible of truth and credible dialogue...

How long before Wheels Up needs a union or we start hearing about QOL?
Are they bad for business down South?

^^^^this. I can't believe we are even having this discussion. Both pilots logging pic time. That's funny right there. ;)
when i did ioe as a ca in training on a dhc, i logged sic time-the line check aiman logged pic time. His name was on the release. When two captains fly together, the one whos name is on the release loggs pic time-the other guy/gal can't. jetblue is one of the airlines that spells it out easy enough-one of the requirements to count pic time on their application is "the one who signed for the aircraft"

winner winner chicken dinner

Clearly the black and white text differs from JetBlue and other airlines. I can't seem to find "signed for the aircraft" in the regs anywhere.

A guy 923 hours total flight time on his resume, 321 ME time, puts down he has 255 PIC in a KA-90? Legal under part 61, sure. How many insurance companies covered this pilot as PIC without a tremendous low time rider? How many command decisions did this pilot make? An airline interviewer will look at this as BS PIC time in every case. You are not the PIC in the eyes of anyone.

Latest resources

Back