• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's up at Cherry Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah things are looking up over here. They are just trying to get anouther crew up as fast as possible I believe the guys that got let go are given the oppurtuntiy to reapply but I think most have moved on or are not in a postions to come come back. I hope it keeps going and the rest of the industry will follow soon I have always heard that the ondemand industry leads the industry.

Yes it was a legit question, because I was offered a Capt slot with them, turned it down, and if I would have taken it I would have been the Capt on the street. I think alot of good people have past through Cherry's doors, but at the time my priorities were somewhere else (not so much anymore). I chose the stability of Cape Air at the time, which was a great experience during a nasty down turn. I'm not a guy that comes on here starting smack. It was a sincere questions, and I am glad the other guys already have flying jobs. I just got back into a Turbine PIC job, flying freight again, which I am very thankful for. There were other things in the equation too with saying no thanks to Cherry, like if I would have I wouldn't have had Michigan pay for a 737 type, and I would have had to be there in 4 days from Michigan. I think if you know what type of flying they do, and know what living on a pager is all about, then it would be a good gig. BUT, I have yet to figure out the stability of the small upturn in the on-demand flying. Is it "cash for clunkers" or is it a real upturn. Only time will tell. I for on am just happy that someone may get a job.

I think you guys read too much into the question, and maybe just asking the question came across the wrong way, but I just didn't get why if they had people that "they got current" on the street, why they would hire from the outside. It is because the other folks already have new jobs, thanks for the answer. (Run-on, sorry)

Last edited:
I think Clyde said it best... It's the Fractional section that did us in on the union question. No harm, no foul buddy! Glad you got a new job. What you flying and who for?

Scheduled UPS run in a BE-99 for Freight Runners out of MKE. I think it will position me well for jobs a few years from now. I do greatly miss the Falcon 20 though, but I have come to terms with the fact that the on-demand job that I had no longer exists, and probably will never exists in its capacity again. Time to chase new, better dreams. Big picture, right? You have no idea how lucky I feel to still be flying.

W2B, Sorry again. Over on the Frac Boards "thems are fightin words". I forgot where I was when I got my smart a$$ on.

Its good to hear that you are still flying. Good luck and stay safe.

No worries, just don't touch my Taco Palneque and we will always be friends.

Last edited:
Y It was a sincere questions, and I am glad the other guys already have flying jobs. I just got back into a Turbine PIC job, flying freight again, which I am very thankful for. There were other things in the equation too with saying no thanks to Cherry, like if I would have I wouldn't have had Michigan pay for a 737 type, and I would have had to be there in 4 days from Michigan. I think if you know what type of flying they do, and know what living on a pager is all about, then it would be a good gig. BUT, I have yet to figure out the stability of the small upturn in the on-demand flying. Is it "cash for clunkers" or is it a real upturn. Only time will tell. I for on am just happy that someone may get a job.

I don't understand your post or your "QUESTION?" You start off by quoting unions then your RESUME (seriously) and why you woulnd't work there then stating the volatile nature of Automotive freight! Dude I am confused because you first stated that you wanted a job there!

Secondly why mention the stable economics of Cape Air where you said you work if you have taken a turbine job.....chill killer!!!!

Tex

I don't understand your post or your "QUESTION?" You start off by quoting unions then your RESUME (seriously) and why you woulnd't work there then stating the volatile nature of Automotive freight! Dude I am confused because you first stated that you wanted a job there!

Secondly why mention the stable economics of Cape Air where you said you work if you have taken a turbine job.....chill killer!!!!

Tex

I never stated I wanted a Job at Cherry Air, I stated that it would be a good job for someone else. I looked into the company over a year ago, interviewed then, and took Cape Air instead, because I was hedging my bets on the fact that the downturn in automotive freight had not hit rock bottom yet. I was right.

I never mentioned anything about Unions, another poster did.

I took what I consider to be a "Stable" Turbine job to leave Cape Air. Although, there probably is not such a thing as any stable flying job.

I asked a question if they were hiring off the street when they have people that they trained on the streets. I got my answer, and it is that those people are no longer on the street. Otherwise, I would guess that Cherry would rather have a "known" around than a "unknown."

Thanks for reminding me why I post on a message board where, "Pilots Help Pilots."

Last edited:
No worries, just don't touch my Taco Palneque and we will always be friends.
That was Bill Haldens most favorite place in the WORLD, as a new hire years ago I saw him order and eat the whole left side of the menu. RIP Bill.

Last edited:
That was Bill Haldens most favorite place in the WORLD, as a new hire years ago I saw him order and eat the whole left side of the menu. RIP Bill.

"I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six"

another Bill Halden line....he was one of a kind that's for sure. Learned a lot from that guy.

God Speed Bill...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back