Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest thing a crew has ever asked or requested?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, you acknowledge that you declaring an emergency and being unable to contact the crew is BS so you use my post to illustrate how ATC may not be able to contact us and will ask you to help. Just like Occam's razor says, no matter who declares the emergency the guy in the left seat has the last say in what happens with the flight regardless of what they told you at Sheffield.

Mines bigger than all of yours!!! THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST PATHETIC THREADS ON FI....ITS A NO WIN!!!!!

the dumbest thing? just one?

Well, I have crews quite frequently want to change their alternate because it's not where the owners want to go in the even of a diversion...
#1. They aren't obligated to go to their listed alternate.
#2. I don't pick alts. based on where the owners want to go. I'm here for the safety of the flight.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I know there are some "winner" Captains out there. I flew with some of them.

My most memorable conversation with a Dispatcher was when he suggested I could get around the level 4 and 5 thunderstorms by going through the level three's. I asked if he ever flew through a level three thunderstorm. He said no. I suggested he come on down to the gate and he could ride with us through the level three's. He did not show up and we did not depart until the TR's passed.

Enough Of This Lame A$$ Thread

How long is this going to continue....we all run into stupid situation and poor decesions made.....get over it, and work with each other...try walking in the others shoes and practice some leadership skills and talk things out when there is a question...

WE ARE NO MORE OR LESS IMPORTAMT THAN YOU PILOTS

Which is exactly the point that I am making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its just that some of you are hung up on this authority to declare an emergency thing!
Really.... I can do my job without any dispatchers, can you do yours without any pilots?

Latest resources

Back