Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest thing a crew has ever asked or requested?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WE ARE NO MORE OR LESS IMPORTAMT THAN YOU PILOTS

Which is exactly the point that I am making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its just that some of you are hung up on this authority to declare an emergency thing!

We're not hung up on it, really we aren't. I hope to never exercise this authority. It's safer to say that you pilots are seemingly offended by the fact that someone else has any kind of authority, you know that power trip that seems to run rampant in your ranks.

Uhhh... no. Let's say one of us drops dead in the middle of the afternoon while the flight is in the air. Honestly, you're telling me that you believe losing a dispatcher will have as much of an impact on the safety of a flight as losing a pilot? Come on.

You fulfill an important function, and while you're jointly responsible for the flight, you're not the one in charge of it. That's the nature of your job.

It's all about perspective. If you drop dead in the cockpit I may have to declare an emergency for you, or a dispatcher on board may volunteer to help the other pilot in a serious emergency.

On the other hand, how important can I be if I drop dead and you don't get a flight release? You won't be flying anywhere without that release.

If it makes you feel better to think you are a more valuable organism taking up space in this world, be my guest. It doesn't affect my life in any way. It's just nice to see some humility from time to time.

Professional. Like this whole thread has been professional? YGTBSM

I'm saying that we are both part of a team. You insist on making yourself the MVP...its like banging my head against the wall.

Yeah, whatever!

Warner, stop this nonsense. If you drop dead, the airline will go on. Some one else will pick up your desk and generate your releases, not a big deal. These posts are embarassment to my profession.

Last edited:
Warner, stop this nonsense. If you drop dead, the airline will go on. Some one else will pick up your desk and generate your releases, not a big deal.

Well, if you drop dead, the airline will go on as well. My point was that a good share of pilots like to minimize our responsibilities. You have to get out of your heads that we are trying to take charge of the flights. You have to get into your heads that every single flight we are watching sometimes up to 20 at a time, is OUR responsibility. We have a myriad of regs, policies, issues to keep track of for multiple flights at once, while planning your later flights. More important? Who cares, it's important to me and it's important to me that you are safe and I don't miss anything that could affect your flight. Yes, pilots don't know everything and we don't either, but it's my job to stay ahead of the game and keep you informed.

Warner, stop this nonsense. If you drop dead, the airline will go on. Some one else will pick up your desk and generate your releases, not a big deal. These posts are embarassment to my profession.

RJAA, stop this nonsense. If you drop dead, the airline will go on. Some one else will pick up your flight controls and land your plane, not a big deal. These posts are embarassment to my profession.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back