Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait a minute...you actually fly as a copilot?

reply: "Um, yes...every now and again..when the pilot is sleeping"

Before departing PHX to MCI a Passenger requested: "Can you point out "???", Kansas. It has a large grain elevator - you can't miss it!!!

I won't bother reading all these pages, but I know where this is going and what your intent is. I find it fascinating when pilots tend to 'put down' non-pilots. Lot of what we know, and consider, routine is something absolutely NEW to a non-pilot.

For instance, in a recent conversation with new college-graduate, I discovered that he thought that Ramp Agents who marshal aircraft in to gates are part of Air Traffic Control. Others thought that the Tower controls all traffic in the US, and most passengers think that Flight Attendants are there to provide food and drinks ONLY.

Doesn’t mean that these people are stupid. But your questions is implying the same and soliciting response to that effect.

I’m sure somewhere on the net there's a thread on a Surgeon/Physicians board with a question: What's the dumbest question you've been asked BY a pilot?
These people are stupid! I mean basic geography like 'is that the Atlantic Ocean?' when your departing Chicago? or"is that Nebraska? look for the one grain elevator.' I mean really! Most people are really so uninformed its amazing they get by. I have heard that 10% of this country,s population are the producers and the rest basically feed off of this 10%. I believe it!

"So when do you actually get to be the one flying the airplane?"

I met the next darwin award winner today.....what do you mean we can't land during a thunderstorm? I golf during thunderstorms......

sir, i heard greens fees were half off this afternoon

For instance, in a recent conversation with new college-graduate, I discovered that he thought that Ramp Agents who marshal aircraft in to gates are part of Air Traffic Control. Others thought that the Tower controls all traffic in the US, and most passengers think that Flight Attendants are there to provide food and drinks ONLY.

Try explaining being a dispatcher to people. I just gave up with my mother and started telling her, "Yes, mom...I'm a tower controller".

These people are stupid! I mean basic geography like 'is that the Atlantic Ocean?' when your departing Chicago? or"is that Nebraska? look for the one grain elevator.' I mean really! Most people are really so uninformed its amazing they get by. I have heard that 10% of this country,s population are the producers and the rest basically feed off of this 10%. I believe it!

After a lot of research and observation, I've come to the conclusion that 50% of the population is below average.

Latest resources

Back