Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still my favorite..."are you the PILOT or just the COPILOT?"
Some things, no matter how old, never lose their meaning....

A few years ago when I stopped instructing to take on a 2nd full time job (pay off the flying loans), one of my co-workers asked me, "Have you ever crashed?"

I know several people who have crashed, and many more who've come uncomfortably close to crashing. In fact, if I remember correctly, even Maverick crashed once.

-Blucher

I know several people who have crashed, and many more who've come uncomfortably close to crashing. In fact, if I remember correctly, even Maverick crashed once.

-Blucher

RIP Goose.

Had a potential student ask me if I was "allowed" to fly alone. I thought that was an honest to goodness stupid question.

I've gotten that one before. My answer: "Nope! I have to have a student onboard."

I had another good one from one of my instrument students while we were debriefing. A call on the PA came asking any available instructors to help taxi a few airplanes to the maintenance hangar for the night. My student: "Why do they only let instructors do that?" This is the same student who likes to try to justify that he's on the same flying level as the instructors. That gets old.

I was standing at the flight deck door (in full uniform) saying bye to the passengers. As they deplaned this lady stops and asks me if I'm the pilot.

I got a phone call from a buddy of mine that was working a flight I had dispatched out of CLT. He was telling me about his FA that approached him in the jetway prior to boarding and asked him why their flight from CLT to BHM was only 23 minutes. He tried to explain to her that the flight was actually 1:23 but clock time shows only 23 minutes because of the time zone change. She still didn't understand and said that she had done this flight several times and it always seemed like it was longer than 23 minutes. I got a good laugh out of that one.

I just got off work and I was comming home from my tour at a fractional. A Mesa flight attendant asked me if I was looking for a job and she told me that if I was lucky I could get hired and fly one of their big CRJ's...

And she was saying "hi" to ppl at Walmart two days prior. She is now working at IAD as a TSA agent.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back