Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats left of your USAir is worth more than what ALPA did or didn't do for u.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Neither do I!!

Please justify deserve. Especially at the Wests' expense.

Because the East agreed to using Nic. The East aggred to binding Arbitration. The East was advised not to go this route. The East was advised, work it out on your own terms not Nic. The East was advised "you are not going to like the Nic Award".

Why is it fair the East made thier own choices, agreed to the rules and then tries to change the rules? How is that fair?

At least we agree on this US/HP merger...

don't go and confuse gramps with the facts now!!!

The world, (at least America West) pilots most certainly owe him something!!! Why on Earth would one expect a grown man to be responsible for the choices he's made? When all else fails, go steal something...it works in the hood, why not at the airlines?

Hey dog,

what hood you talkin bout?

WD

A question for REZ and all ALPA supporters.
Hypothetically, if you are an active pilot on a seniority list at the time of a merger announcement, (and the all important Policy Implementation Date) and you find out after the arbitration award that ALPA marked you down as furloughed and submitted a phony seniority list. Since you are such an ardent believer in ALPA policy, you would know that ALPA merger policy specifically states that the list presented shall be a CERTIFIED list. ALPA National reviews the award and finds nothing wrong with not following their written policy. Alpa National then endorses and presents the list to management.
Do you REZ and I am asking personally, if you were in this position:

A. Bend over, balance a tube of KY on your back and say “Come ALPA, Come AWA pilots, enjoy a windfall at my expense. I have reserved the last 2 inches of my lower intestine just for you.”
B. Ball up ALPA’s constitution, by laws and merger policy and leave them next to the toilette for clean up after your next defecation and proceed to cry yourself to sleep.
C. Stand up and vote to remove the self serving, dues taking, out of touch thugs who criminally neglect their own written policy.

Fairly certain Rez that you are that A type. Then again you probably would actually enjoy being that A type.

and again!!!

Please justify deserve. Especially at the Wests' expense.

Because the East agreed to using Nic. The East aggred to binding Arbitration. The East was advised not to go this route. The East was advised, work it out on your own terms not Nic. The East was advised "you are not going to like the Nic Award".

Why is it fair the East made thier own choices, agreed to the rules and then tries to change the rules? How is that fair?

Another someone but me is to blame for my situation at AAA. Who submitted the bad list( AWA pilots, evil St. Nic.) or your own people? Step up a place the blame for your train wreck of a career on who has done it to you from day one, your own pilot group!

P.S.- I heard there were a few misspellings of middle names on the lists submitted and judges from all levels are looking into voiding the arbitrated award!

Hypothetically, if you are an active pilot on a seniority list at the time of a merger announcement, (and the all important Policy Implementation Date) and you find out after the arbitration award that ALPA marked you down as furloughed and submitted a phony seniority list. Since you are such an ardent believer in ALPA policy, you would know that ALPA merger policy specifically states that the list presented shall be a CERTIFIED list. ALPA National reviews the award and finds nothing wrong with not following their written policy. Alpa National then endorses and presents the list to management.

A. Bend over, balance a tube of KY on your back and say “Come ALPA, Come AWA pilots, enjoy a windfall at my expense. I have reserved the last 2 inches of my lower intestine just for you.”
B. Ball up ALPA’s constitution, by laws and merger policy and leave them next to the toilette for clean up after your next defecation and proceed to cry yourself to sleep.
C. Stand up and vote to remove the self serving, dues taking, out of touch thugs who criminally neglect their own written policy.

Fairly certain Rez that you are that A type. Then again you probably would actually enjoy being that A type.

First off my man let me help you out. You and many many other east folk seem to be under the impression "ALPA" is the entity that has a say one way or another. Well let me be one of the first to educate you. ALPA is nothing more than the people elected. ALPA has no say in your mec/lec meetings outside of that which is req'd by the dept of labor. ALPA has no vote in your mec's business. They simply provide the process by which you, me and 70,000 others voted on and accepted. So you guys need to stop looking at ALPA like it did anything at all to you or any other member in the east. That was the reps you elected! The merger committee you elected!! You know what? ALPA didn't have a damn thing to do with that but you did.

Time to man up and take responsibility for your actions...

WD

The entire premise of your scenario is faulty. The list was not "phony."

In any organization there are rules to be followed. These rules (ALPA merger policy) were not followed. As a result the Nic List is seriously flawed and an illegal list. It is the duty of ALPA National to enforce and adhere to their Constitution By-Laws and Policies. They did not and have not and need to be held accountable. I can not continue to pay dues to an organization that violated it's own rules to deliberatly screw me out of my career. From the top to the bottom all of those involved in this violation need to be terminated without pension and without pay.

Honestly, if you think outside your own mind set, if you were in the same position that I am, wouldn't you fight it with every fiber in your body. I was an active US Air pilot at the time of the PID and was wrongly marked as furloughed. I would sooner see this place self implode than to accept an illegal list. What is wrong is wrong and I will fight for the side of right.

The pilot profession as a whole will be weakened with the splintering of the US Air people. As a whole, the profession would've been a lot better off if US Air would've gone the way of Eastern, Pan Am, Braniff, etc. If the Easties could put it in perspective they'd realize they are lucky just to have jobs. As it is the world's second biggest temper tantrum (#1 would be Palestinians/Isrealies) will continue indefinitely.

Latest resources

Back