Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats left of your USAir is worth more than what ALPA did or didn't do for u.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The sad thing about this whole USAPA issue, is the fact that ALPA National did not due away with the retirement or the seniority or the pay.

You know, I heard this with TWA/AA. You're right, but when ALPA doesn't lift a finger to prevent a wrong, they gotta take some blame.

They're the plainclothes cop in the room who got scared and watched the murder without ever pulling out their weapon. You don't get to claim innocence after that.

PIPE

I just stated I was not against ALPA.

I'd rather have ALPA where I am unless ALPA whether it be the MEC or organization would mess up my perceived career.

And in this situation at USAIR I and the person I am associated with that is there feel ALPA OUT is the only way DOH can be fixed and that is more significant than anything that ALPA could ever do for them and that is this Aho les opinion and am entitled to it.

Lemme guess, you're a product of the public school system?

Am I right?:rolleyes:

You know, I heard this with TWA/AA. You're right, but when ALPA doesn't lift a finger to prevent a wrong, they gotta take some blame.

They're the plainclothes cop in the room who got scared and watched the murder without ever pulling out their weapon. You don't get to claim innocence after that.

PIPE

Exactly, the MEC, ALPA national or whatever, didn't do anythng to stop it.

PIPE

Sorry.

There isn't any "blame" to be apportioned here.

The east got negotiation, mediation, and arbitration; exacly as the merger policy called for.

Now they don't like the outcome, and someone needs to pay.

Must be ALPA at fault, right?

It couldn't be that they had an unreasonable expectation, that the arbitration panel recognized, of stapling the majority of west pilots, now could it?

Naw that can't be it.

It must be ALPA.

Don't think it will matter much for the east guys. I'm looking hard right now and am talking to a bunch of people. They are ALL laughing at the fools out east and will NEVER hire them.

You and I must be talking to the same people.

Good luck with the search.

604/804

I was TWA, I saw ALPA screw up. For all of you buying the usapa crud and jumping into the fray, think before you leap. All this usapa stuff has nothing to do with ALPA. It's a land grab pure and simple. usapa has done a great job turning this into a referendum on ALPA (who I hate as much as anyone else) when in fact it has NOTHING to do with ALPA. usapa is simply another attempt to screw the AWA pilots.

It appears the USAPA guys have completely lost it. They'll get thier own union and the big unknown.

Interesting how the USAPA guys are justifying thier defection with everything against ALPA. Of course they don't want to talk about Nic, agreeing to binding Arbitration, etc.... As long as they can hate ALPA, justified or not... (and ALPA has done some wrong, but again... they only want to talk about that and not Nic)

Good luck, all you've got is yourselves... and whatever funds 2000 guys can scrape together.. Sounds good... and real easy to say....

however.... how does "whatever" stop it?

Rez,

I agree with you that East is going down the wrong path, and they should accept the "binding arbitration" that they agreed to, but:

What are you trying to say?!

I never understand your posts.....

Don't think it will matter much for the east guys. I'm looking hard right now and am talking to a bunch of people. They are ALL laughing at the fools out east and will NEVER hire them. Funny, but revisionist history and self-entitlement are not attitudes that carry over very well to a new employer. If you are a usapa supporter then don't even worry about dusting off your log book. Won't do you any good.

Exactly. I'm at a good company now and will make sure none of those scum sucking pigs ever gets hired here. On the way to the interview the captain whose flight I was jumpseating on was like:"Wait a second, are you east or west US? You're ex Am West, cool you can ride on us." Karma rules. Those A-holes will get it in the end.

Latest resources

Back