• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's going on with the Pinnacle MEC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Given that when the reps in DTW were elected less than 20 people voted I don't think anyone has any thing to answer for. Union members need to be a part of THEIR union all the time not just when there is a TA on the table.

As for the delays, we don't get extra staff members just because a TA is on the table. All of the daily business has to be attended to as well.

As for the delays, we don't get extra staff members just because a TA is on the table. All of the daily business has to be attended to as well.
Perhaps they should. This is a professional association, right? A union should know its workload limits and plan accordingly.

The MEC communications has been lousy for two years. Never told what business is conducted or how anyone voted. Terrible.

DTW reps are idiots. DTW CA rep plays no show on any important meeting. Couldn't bring himself to show up for a council meeting couple weeks ago. Always mouthing off but never produced a thing. Same for his FO rep, Minnie Me. ME: "What do you need in a contract to vote 'Yes'? Minnie Me: blank stare. You gotta be kidding me!

MEM FO rep, who is also on the NC, takes a pass and votes to take a "neutral" position on an MEC recommendation to the pilots. You gotta be kinding me.

$150,000 to former Chief Pilot who was in the job for one month who was fired supposedly because of his work for the union. Work for the union? YGBKM!

Who can you thank for this sad state of affairs? Who was on the NC for a year? Who has been MEC Chairman for over two years? Who has been negotiating TAs during a contract vote? Who stands in the corner and doesn't support his NC Chairman during the roadshows? Who came up with the $150K stipend for Dondk?

With the MEC taking a neutral position and the Chairman actively working to tank the deal, the NMB will look at us like we are a bunch of children. No help from them. We are screwed.

"Given that when the reps in DTW were elected less than 20 people voted I don't think anyone has any thing to answer for."

The ironic thing is that these reps are the ones that did cast a "no" vote on the lack luster TA.

With the MEC taking a neutral position and the Chairman actively working to tank the deal, the NMB will look at us like we are a bunch of children. No help from them. We are screwed.

The only thing better than a neutral position the MEC could have done is vote it down so it would not even have the risk of passing a pilot group vote. As for the opinion of the NMB, not our concern. Our concern is to set a standard of pay and work rules as a pilot group we are willing to work for and keep sending it back until it is right. "We are ALPA":)

Last edited:
Maybe so, but you didn't hear it from the MEC communications.

The DTW CA Rep wouldn't know how to make a deal if he was given a road map from AAA, a GPS from the Defense Department and two professional drivers. He gives bad advice during representations and only yaks about bovine fecal matter. The only thing I figure is he wants to earn an ALPA battle star, just to say that he did.

The PCL guys are getting ready to see the result of apathy when it comes to electing reps. You can be mad and hate mgmt but at the end you got to make a deal. These guys don't have the talent, and they are unwilling to lead. Mostly, they are hunkering down in their bunkers with a wet finger checking the wind. Stand up and lead.

Latest resources

Back