Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chuck Yogourt said:
fletch717 said:
Size doesn't matter son when you are the best. I am sure you use your left hand for other reasons that we don't need to discuss on this board nor would any of us care to hear you go into detail. Ta Ta.

Chuck, there was a reasonable discussion on here, but you've brought it to your TOOL shed, you f-ing dweeb. If you have a problem, please pm me, a$$!

Half of you guys are complete idiots. We don't charge a dime for the jumpseat, it's free you dipsh!t.

Say this over and over until it sticks "AIRTRAN ONLY ALLOWS 1 (ONE) JUMPSEATER".

If you aren't the first one you have the option of buying a $25 non-rev ticket. You are no longer considered a "jumpseater" you are now a "pass rider".

Does the policy suck, you bet. Now get over it.

UMMMM Chuck...Hate to get involved in this but don't be so arrogant. Of course Midwest is going win a battle of MKE...They should, its your only hub (btw...how much money has Midwest made in the last 3 years?)! Your really gonna eat your words if and when AT takes you over. A little humility goes a long way, you obviously haven't learned that in all your 15000 plus hours of flight time. If AT does take you over, there is a good chance you won't be comming. I hear they only want your a/c and gates. But hey, you will probably get a preferential interview, so smile, you may still have a job!!!

This discusion is as useless as this career! Keep charging for the jumpseat Airtran, before you know it it will cost a $100 per seat, no more free rides. And Ty, by the way, we all have jumpseats and we all carry one another. Who would be more impacted, if AT banned individual carriers or if all carriers banned AT. Stop talking so much $hit, things change fast in this industry and you may be looking for a job someday.

sluminginpit said:
Who would be more impacted, if AT banned individual carriers or if all carriers banned AT.

Well, that's easy. Chuckie would be most impacted, since it's clear he already has an impaction going on . . . a cranio-rectal impaction . . . . any of you guys with a medical background know what I'm talking about here . . . .

Stop talking so much $hit, things change fast in this industry and you may be looking for a job someday.

Sorry, Charley . . . . if I were to be looking for a job tomorrow, it wouldn't be at the bottom of another airline seniority list, that's for sure. This is my one go-round, and when the job isn't worth doing anymore, I won't be doing it.

But it looks good on you, though . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:
gotta put my 2 cents in...

I carry an ID90 that cost me $63 one way. I would gladly pay $25 to get a seat if someone else got the first js. Management or not we still have to play by their rules. They make 'em

Hey Tubel, you're a real nimrod, why don't you stick to flyin small stuff.

Okay guys. Its been said over and over. No one likes the AirTran policy. But its not the pilots that made it. What ever happend to treating others the way you want to be treated? I remember when Delta and others couldn't even offer an offline jumpseat. In thoes days most airlines would still carry Delta pilots, why? because it was the proffesional thing to do.

Both Ty and Chuckie need to grown up. Act like the proffesionals you think you are and stop using the jumpseat as a polictical statment.

Before 9/11 almost all airlines only carried the number of jumpseaters equal to the number of jumpseats on the aircraft.

I have been left at the gate by almost every airline at least once in my carrer, before most changed to unlimited. AirTran at least offers an alternative to getting home.

Why hasn't anyone ever raise a fuss over US, TWA, UAL, AA, DAL, CAL, NWA, etc, and thier policy of only allowing 1 jumpseater? (I know some have changed to unlimited) Or is it just an attack on AirTran?

To answer the orig. question, "What was Airtran thinking?"

They were thinking, "Hey, this is a great way to get the pilots all ticked off at each other, so that we can break them down and treat them even worse."

Looks to me like it's working.

FNG_that's me said:
To answer the orig. question, "What was Airtran thinking?"

They were thinking, "Hey, this is a great way to get the pilots all ticked off at each other, so that we can break them down and treat them even worse."

Looks to me like it's working.

This is based on your vast experience in the airline business?

Ty Webb said:
Hey, Fr8 MB, please tell us all about your current employer's jumpseat policy, and how many 121 pilots are able to take advantage of it, and while you're at it, tell us all about your tireless efforts to make sure that your company offers a viable jumpseat opportunity to the rest of us that haul your ungrateful carcass around.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

don't have time to read the other 5 pages....but c'mon Ty, don't get so defensive about "your" airline. as far as i know every FL pilot ive met hates that policy and wishes it would go away. its not your fault its there...or is it? lol.........

N E way....ill tell you about my current employers jumpseat policy....unlimited FREE cabin jumpseats for OAL pilots and FA's. plus 2 additional FA jumpseats available to pilots and FA's....plus 2 cockpit jumpseats available to CASS members. no tireless efforts since policy already in place when i got here. ps..and no you don't have to clean the cabin, that has been taken care of.

i have used FL many times and rarely have had to pay the fee. and i don't mind doing it if i have to.......id rather pay than be stuck in the airport for hours. i hope you guys go CASS soon....any news on that?

Latest resources

Back