• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What was Airtran thinking?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Chuck if any of the rumors that we hear are true that AirTran is buying Midwest you won't have to worry about denying anyone a jumpseat any more. It wont be your call to make since your ass will be stapled so far on the bottom of our seniority list that you'll be slinging gear for the guys in the new hire class that just started a few days ago..

To all others, we know that the $25.00 deal sucks.. and we are working to change it.. To some of you one here that realize that this was not the doing of the pilot group but management, thank you for noticing. As I said, we are working to get it back to the way it was.

717capt said:
Hey Chuck if any of the rumors that we hear are true that AirTran is buying Midwest you won't have to worry about denying anyone a jumpseat any more. It wont be your call to make since your ass will be stapled so far on the bottom of our seniority list that you'll be slinging gear for the guys in the new hire class that just started a few days ago..

To all others, we know that the $25.00 deal sucks.. and we are working to change it.. To some of you one here that realize that this was not the doing of the pilot group but management, thank you for noticing. As I said, we are working to get it back to the way it was.

The only rumor I hear is that Midwest has kicked your ass in MKE. As for a takeover, you can only dream of it. I would want my I.D. to say Midwest also. Then maybe you wouldn't be charging $25 a pop to some poor soul trying to go home.

Chuck Yogourt said:
The only rumor I hear is that Midwest has kicked your ass in MKE. As for a takeover, you can only dream of it.

Yeah chuck, you sure showed us. With all that hiring and expansion you guys should have well over 400 pilots in no time at all. "We can only dream of it"
How about the first one to write a check for 50 million can dream of it. Maybe you should use your left hand to raise the gear for now, you may need the practice soon.

Last edited:
You know I have no problem paying $25 for a ride on Airtran. I know it sucks but that is their policy and it sure beats being stuck in the airport. The real problem I have with this policy is that it is NON-REFUNDABLE if you are unable to make it on the flight. I tried to get a ride on them a few weeks ago and that is what the gate agent told me. I opted not to pay and went elsewhere. So basically, you may or may not be paying $25 for a ride home. It seems more like buying a lottery ticket!

fletch717 said:
Chuck Yogourt said:
The only rumor I hear is that Midwest has kicked your ass in MKE. As for a takeover, you can only dream of it.

Yeah chuck, you sure showed us. With all that hiring and expansion you guys should have well over 400 pilots in no time at all. "We can only dream of it"
How about the first one to write a check for 50 million can dream of it. Maybe you should use your left hand to raise the gear for now, you may need the practice soon.

Size doesn't matter son when you are the best. I am sure you use your left hand for other reasons that we don't need to discuss on this board nor would any of us care to hear you go into detail. Ta Ta.

Chuck Yogourt said:
fletch717 said:
Size doesn't matter son when you are the best. The reason you have failed in MKE is once people ride on us, they are willing to pay more for a premium product. I am sure you use your left hand for other reasons that we don't need to discuss on this board nor would any of us care to hear you go into detail about. Ta Ta.

thruthemurk said:
Jumpseats are for pilots and should transcend the petty BS tribal sniping that often result.

I think the original poster stated that he would have had to pay to ride 'the jumpseat' when the actual jumpseat in the stick actuator's office was already occupied.

That's not a 'jumpseat', it's a seat in the back with everyone else...if the company requires you to pay $25 or whatever to ride it, that's just the way it is. I remember when you could ONLY ride the jumpseat(s) in the cockpit, and at some companies it was policy that if you didn't work for them you were out of luck.

Yeah chuckles people are flocking to your airline, 23 million loss in the first two quarters. 2.21 stock price, Yep those loyal customers are just lining up to fly with you. Who could blame them? when you turn on the ole chuckie charm I'm sure you are irresistible.

Last edited:
Chuck Yogourt said:
My airline does take multiple jumpseaters. I had no idea that any "fee" was being charged by any airline that we had a jumpseat agreement with. So whenever I have 2 seats open and 3 jumpseaters and one of them happens to be from Airtran, guess what? YOU AIN"T GOING. I don't care what kind of negotiations you are in.

Dude, totally uncool. Take it out on a fellow pilot who is either trying to get home or go to work because his/her company has a policy put in place not by the pilot group, but by management?

So if you have 2 seats open, and two jumpseaters, one of whom is from Air Tran, THEN it's okay to take them?

As Spock would say, "That seems totally illogical captain."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back