What was Airtran thinking?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fletch717 said:
This is based on your vast experience in the airline business?

I rest my case.

You don't know who I am, what I fly, or for whom. Yet your retort is based solely on an attack on my experience, not the content of my post.

I could be Airtran management, a Boeing test pilot, a 777 captain, or a 13 year old boy playing hookie from school. That is inconsequential. Disagree, if you must, with my post...based on what my post states. If it angers you, then grow up. If it strikes a nerve, then figure out why. If I'm wrong, then prove me so(or at least offer other explainations, as there surely are some). But, if nothing else, do youself a favor and figure out why the concept of my post stirs you to sling mud, not facts or even ideas.

Your first post assumes you know what management is thinking, and that there was some diabolical plan hatched in a board room in order to piss off the pilot group. So based on your first post I'll say 13 years old playing hooky from school.

Last edited:
fletch717 said:
Your first post assumes you know what management is thinking, and that there was some diabolical plan hatched in a board room in order to piss off the pilot group. So based on your first post I'll say 13 years old playing hooky from school.

Yes, it does assume that. Since I'm not Airtran management, how else am I to attempt to answer the original question? Use the magic 8-ball? My sources say no!

And if you don't think management teams attempt to upset labor(pilot) groups by using such childish tactics then you are wrong. It may not be true here, but it certainly happens.

fletch717 said:
Whatever Matlock.

It took you ten minutes to come up with this?

It took you ten minutes to come up with this?[/quote]

I am sure it did. Ty is 13 year old Fletch was thinking of.

Chuckie, I heard that in your younger days, you wrote to the Village People and asked them to let you audition to be the new guy in the group . . "the Pilot" . . . with a hat, big Ray-Bans and blue polyester chaps? Any truth to that?

It would explain a lot . . .

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Chuck, you probably think of more 13 year-olds than Michael Jackson. But maybe you ought to ge tone of 'em to proofread your posts for you . . they are written so poorly, they might as well have been written in crayon.

I love it when guys get back from the bar and post and basically make a$$'s of themselves.

Ty, I will give you some free advice, quit chasing this guy. You are making yourself look bad.

Edit: I was qouting the post above which seems to have completely changed since I made my post.

Last edited:
The policy is what it is. If you don't like it, bring it to the attention of your jumpseat chairman/coordinator and have them send me a letter. They have my address.

Again, if you don't like the policy I suggest you ask your jumpseat coordinator to threaten to terminate our agreement by sending a letter to me.

As for CASS, we are working on it. We will get it eventually.

BTW, if we don't have an agreement with your airline, please contact us and see if we can set something up.

love it when guys get back from the bar and post and basically make a$$'s of themselves.

Heh- heh . . . . Didn't make it to the Fox Bar tonight, thanks. . . . my swinging brother Yurgi reported no foxes tonight to swing with.

As for "making myself look bad" . . . .well, let's just say that this place is for entertainment purposes only (although I do try to help guys out with some employment info, when asked). I don't take this stuff too seriously, and I hope you guys don't either.

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Heh- heh . . . . Didn't make it to the Fox Bar tonight, thanks. . . . my swinging brother Yurgi reported no foxes tonight to swing with.

As for "making myself look bad" . . . .well, let's just say that this place is for entertainment purposes only (although I do try to help guys out with some employment info, when asked). I don't take this stuff too seriously, and I hope you guys don't either.

You freaking Dweeb. You post just about wherever I do. Then when you are getting your ass kicked, you post as Best Pilot. I have told you before, back off jackass. It's good to see others are tired of your lame attempts to flame also.

Latest resources

Back