What was Airtran thinking?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FedEx Jumpseats Rock!!

Seven pages in two days....that has to be a record.

On a positive note, one airline that has a great jumpseat policy is FedEx. If they have a seat 24 hours prior to departure, you are guaranteed to get it (Captain permitting). Not like us, where you can get bumped by higher priority on your way up the stairs. They are a great way to get a ride. I ride on them more than on UPS because I know I won't get bumped. And with the mail contract, you don't have to wait until 3 AM.

All CASS riders are welcome on UPS....for free...we even feed you!

What about the dispatchers???

Come on guys and gals....I have read every post here, I am the first to acknowledge that the J/S has always been a pilot neg. tool, and we dispatchers were added to the group by the pilots years ago....I just wanted to point out that we comute as well, though not in the numbers the Flt Crews do.. So please dont forget the dispatchers...
Since 9-11 it has become much harder to J/S as an offline dispatcher, I am hopeful that our prevledge to J/S will get better as time and the introduction of CASS is adopted by more.....but the pilots got to help us out to, we really do appreciate all the help we can get....

I just wanted to add my 2 cent story from a former DAL wholy owned employee perspective. since we are talking about policies that sux...Here is an other DAL story...

When I worked in ATL, I usually spent 3 to 5 hours running the gate game trying to get listed and find my way home to MCO on a company/DAL flight....seniority always ruled and I understood that and just worked it the best I could...On one occasion, after a very long evening of getting the "NO room, J/S already taken, or the best "I don't think dispatchers can sit on the flight deck" answers from Delta Gate agents no less , I finally got on the last flight of the evening....I was beat, the gate agent finally cleared me and I was on...I'm sitting there in the only jump Seat, strapped in, the cabin door is about to be closed when in pops the gate agent and says to the captain that she had a company pilot looking for a ride!
Now at that time the rule was once the flight was closed out and the J/S was filled that was it! But The captain turns and says ya got to go, as I was already getting up already and thanked him anyway...so back to the terminal....(Now I know why its called the terminal)...Anyway back to the C concourse...to Airtran...I find the last flight and see the captain, I ask him for a lift home...he says sure, come on... Right in Busines class, not a word about Paying, nothing, showed him my ID and License...wham, thank You!

I have to defend the Airtran folks, as they got me to and from work probably 80% of the time.....And I can tell you one thing, On any one of those long 4 hour nights trying to find a way home, or to work, I would have gladly paid the $25 to get a guaranteed ride in the back and not have to do all that walking and groveling I had to do with my own company....

JMHO....of course I could be wrong.

Chuck Yogourt said:
You freaking Dweeb. You post just about wherever I do. Then when you are getting your ass kicked, you post as Best Pilot. I have told you before, back off jackass. It's good to see others are tired of your lame attempts to flame also.

Duuuude, you gots sum big ole issues, Chuckie, like dat freakin crazy killin redhead dollie dat was like stabbin all da peeps wit dat kichen nife. I aint been like seein any a dem peeps from like da Tranny or like da Midwest or come to thinkin abouts it, from like anyone a like da flightinfo peeps who be like diggin any a dat stuff you be like shovlin.

Duuude, I gots somma my boys who be like flyin for da Midwest, and day be like way cool and gots like way groovy good freakin Kharma, but maybe you should like be workin on like youre peeple skillz. Santa day be commin soon, bro, so maybe jolly ole Saint Nick can like be puttin a personality in like your stocking dis year, bro. Ho Ho Ho, Bro.... Ho Ho Freaking Ho!....Chuckies mean ole ways just gots to go, Bro, yeah, just gots to go.

bestpilot said:
Duuuude, you gots sum big ole issues, Chuckie, like dat freakin crazy killin redhead dollie dat was like stabbin all da peeps wit dat kichen nife. I aint been like seein any a dem peeps from like da Tranny or like da Midwest or come to thinkin abouts it, from like anyone a like da flightinfo peeps who be like diggin any a dat stuff you be like shovlin.

Duuude, I gots somma my boys who be like flyin for da Midwest, and day be like way cool and gots like way groovy good freakin Kharma, but maybe you should like be workin on like youre peeple skillz. Santa day be commin soon, bro, so maybe jolly ole Saint Nick can like be puttin a personality in like your stocking dis year, bro. Ho Ho Ho, Bro.... Ho Ho Freaking Ho!....Chuckies mean ole ways just gots to go, Bro, yeah, just gots to go.

Predictable.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back