• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the best flight school????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the flight school depends on what you want to do or where you want to go with it..

If your looking to get it done quick - I would go to your local mom and pop shop, snag an instructor and fly, fly, fly..

For additional ratings, I would look at ATP.. Riddle is good but $$$$ and it takes YEARS to get all your ratings..

UND all the way baby! Cheap as compared to others and great training. Only bad side is that it's in ND

The best flight schools are the ones that:

1. Have the student's best interests at the forefront!

Following the above statement, in no particular order:

2. Are not motivated by money
3. Have good reputations and very little negative feedback
4. Have dedicated, knowledgable instructors
5. Have good maintenance

Last edited:
Where ever you go, do not pay for a bunch of block time up front for a discount. You go shell out 5k and they shut their doors the next day, you could really be hurting. I am assuming you want to make a career move here. If so, I would do what an American Airlines pilot told me to do 6 years ago. Go where it is cheap and where you can fly alot. Nobody in aviation that does hiring cares where you learned to fly. Get it done fast and cheap. I have never been asked where/who taught me how to fly. They will just want to see your logbook and your license. If is says FAA on it, it's good.

LearLove said:
I'd say your local FBO is as good as any. Shop around alittle, try some lessions at diff schools and with diff instructors before settling down for the long run. Also your instructor and your input/attitude will have alot to do with your training exp.

In the end basically the local FBO (after you've done the comparison/shopping) and a degree outside of aviation that you can fall back on will prepare you to be screwed by the industry like the rest of us.

Can I get an AMEN?!?

Don't necessarily go to the cheapest bidder. There is a difference between quality and quantity. Yes, total flight time is important, but make sure you aren't getting some CFI that is just out to throw some time in his log book, barely teach you anything then dump you. I had the best of both worlds. I got my pvt. and inst. Part 61 at the local FBO then everything else at UND. Both had their pro's and cons. I wouldn't trade the UND experience for anything, I did learn a lot, but like any other big school there is their way and the real world way. Go with what fits you best, shop around... Good luck

rgd said:
I have never been asked where/who taught me how to fly. They will just want to see your logbook and your license. If is says FAA on it, it's good.

No doubt.

I also agree on attending a Part 141 flight school. Sure you may spend a little more but you get quite a bit more as compared to the local FBO.

UND Aerospace is what I reccomend!

www.aero.und.edu

-Night_Flight-

Latest resources

Back