Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Night_Flight said:
Nice Tram,

The pilot who you were talking about was one of my close friends. I appreciate you talking so randomly about him.

As with any occupation, you will unfortunatly run into accidents and/or deaths.

-Night_Flight-

I don't think he's been in the biz long enough to learn how true Gann's Fate is the Hunter rings even for lowly CFIs with wet tickets (like me- I barely have 2300 hours), and I don't think he even knew about the 578TP accident I mentioned. In other words, he'll learn the hard way just like you did, and THAT SUCKS because the price is so high. Forgive him.

It can happen to any of us, no matter where you went to school.

my advice is limited but avoid the big places like delta connection. they're in it for the money, i've heard people that work there say just that: they are salesmen and want your business. ERAU would be good if you want a degree, but just for flight training, there are better options. check out local stuff. where are you located? i was in ohio, but i relocated to florida to learn at epic aviation (www.epicaviation.com) and have been more than thrilled with the instruction, environment, aircraft, location, etc. PM me if you want more details.

another place that i have heard great things about and liked when i visited is Mazzei Flying Service out in fresno, CA (www.flymfs.com). jerry and the crew out there seem to run a pretty good program. Cali was too far from home for me, though.

do a search on this forum for each of the big schools named: flight safety, mesa, DCA, etc, and get an idea of what others have said.

Sig said:
I don't think he's been in the biz long enough to learn how true Gann's Fate is the Hunter rings even for lowly CFIs with wet tickets (like me- I barely have 2300 hours), and I don't think he even knew about the 578TP accident I mentioned. In other words, he'll learn the hard way just like you did, and THAT SUCKS because the price is so high. Forgive him.

It can happen to any of us, no matter where you went to school.
Woah, 578TP crashed?? I did my multi in that plane back in 2000, right after ATP bought it from somewhere in South America (it wasn't even in the ATP paint scheme yet). I thought I recognized the tail number so I looked in my logbook and sure enough, its the airplane I did all of my multi training in. Thats too bad.

Last edited:
cforst513 said:
o learn at epic aviation (www.epicaviation.com) and have been more than thrilled with the instruction, environment, aircraft, location, etc. PM me if you want more details.

I highly recommend Epic. I have refered many students of mine from ERAU to go there when money is tight or just for some quality fun flying or refresher stuff that the strict 141 program didn't allow without penalty. A class act school. I'm sure I still know some of the folks down there.

Wow guys.. You are sure drawing alot of inferred meanings to a small post. Relax a bit..

Sig - I'm not slinging any mud at anyone.. I was replying to EMB170Pilot's post "Remember the IP who killed himself at Riddle with the seminole?" He is speaking of an IP who KILLED HIMSELF, thus committing suicide, I'm not speaking of anyone who got into a spin, got killed by a student, lost an engine on takeoff or anything like that.. I was refering to guys who have purposefully slammed the airplane they were flying into the ground.. It had nothing to do with a school nor the instructor from that school.. Such as the aforementioned Bob Thompsen and several others you can read about in the "annals" of aviation suicide history.

The Coney Island guy and former ATP instructor- Wasn't that Endrew? Didn't he almost crash once at VQQ with a student when he tried to "replicate" something he had seen an examiner do?

Night_Flight - I am sorry I spoke of Bob Thompsen so randomly, I will try to address him as formally as I can when I speak of him..

No sweat Tram, just bad memories. First close friend to loose due to aviation. Good luck with your flying and keep posting!

-Night_Flight-

Sig said:
I don't think he even knew about the 578TP accident I mentioned. In other words, he'll learn the hard way just like you did, and THAT SUCKS because the price is so high. Forgive him.
Hmm.. Sig, you make some pretty bold assumptions..

Concerning 578TP - I guess that's what you get for thinking.. I am pretty aware of 578TP the death of Josh, two ladies and the dog and the since "elimination" of backseating during manuvers at ATP due to the crash.

On the topic of learn the hard way, it's a pretty bold assumption of you to assume that I've never been close to aviation and death combined..

Last edited:
Night_Flight said:
No sweat Tram, just bad memories. First close friend to loose due to aviation. Good luck with your flying and keep posting!

-Night_Flight-

I really wasn't trying to be anyway and sling mud, so for that I am sorry.. I had a buddy pull off a field while crop dusting a few years ago and put one through the tree's..

Latest resources

Back