What is the best flight school????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK here is what i did and it worked, just interviewed with comair

Went to a delta connection academy college program, there are 4 of them all over the country. The college programs are usualy cheaper than the main facility in orlando if it is a public school. If you are motivated, have a good attitude and can learn, you will be able to teach at the academy. Then apply to the airlines at 1000/100.

Here is the catch and alot of people do not understand this, the academy is not a gaurantee to go to the airlines. The people who make it live airplanes daily for 2 years. It is hard work, and if you think you walk in and will be at an airline in 2 years because you paid that will not get you anywhere.

I spent 40,000 Instrument to MEI

run from any private college riddle or jacksonville. $$$$

i almost forgot DO NOT BUY YOUR OWN AIRCRAFT!!! unless you are a mechanic.
MX will kill you i have experience managing a fleet of 20 cessnas, MX bills were astronomical.

a 152 will run about 30-40 dollars per hour just to cover MX then add fuel, CFI, parking and insurance and you are not gona beat the 75 an hour to rent. plus you have all the liabilty.

Worse to get all your ratings you need an instrument platform. thats ok like a 172.

Commercial needs a complex aircraft what about multi, it sux

jarhead said:
Actually, the location of UND up in the frozen tundra is a bonus for ya. It's a winter survival school as well as a flight school. :) :) :) I love it up there! Great state with great hunting and hardly any people.

LOL....you know what Jarhead.......I have to agree with you! I hated ND when I was there (the state and the cold, not the school) but now that I have been gone for a couple of years I really miss it! I'm from the west coast and never thought I would ever want to go back but I find myself wanting to go back for a visit. I instructed up there for a year while I was still in school and it was one of the best learning experiences. UND is a really good school!

Mesa Airlines has a flight school called the San Juan program. The students learn to fly in A-36 Bonanzas and B-58 Barons. The flight school is a tough program but those who make it through get a guaranteed interview; and most former students get hired into a DHC-8 or CRJ at around 300 hrs. This is a two year program. There is also a flight program associated with ASU, flying the same equipment. It depends if you want a 4 year or 2 year degree. If you already have a degree, then the San Juan program (in Farmington New Mexico) would be a better choice. Not to many flight schools can put you in the right seat with a degree in under three years. Go to mesa-air.com
for more info. You can also pm me.

FlamingFUPA said:
This is why people have to drag the fact that I went ro riddle out of me. A ton of douche bags come out of that place. I went there and taught there for 4 years. If you guys ever fly with one of my former students, you'll be glad to know that they won't have that attitude. That was one thing that wasn't allowed. I only wish other IPs there did the same.

Remember the IP who killed himself at Riddle with the seminole? He was my instructor at the time.

NoJoy said:
Mesa Airlines has a flight school called the San Juan program. The students learn to fly in A-36 Bonanzas and B-58 Barons. The flight school is a tough program but those who make it through get a guaranteed interview; and most former students get hired into a DHC-8 or CRJ at around 300 hrs. This is a two year program. There is also a flight program associated with ASU, flying the same equipment. It depends if you want a 4 year or 2 year degree. If you already have a degree, then the San Juan program (in Farmington New Mexico) would be a better choice. Not to many flight schools can put you in the right seat with a degree in under three years. Go to mesa-air.com
for more info. You can also pm me.

NO WAY!! A GUARANTEED INTERVIEW?

Isn't that also called Gulfstream :)

EMB170Pilot said:
Remember the IP who killed himself at Riddle with the seminole? He was my instructor at the time.

Man, lots of guys killing themselves in Seminole's.. There was the UND guy a few years back..

EMB170Pilot said:

Yeah I remember him, I was only a Frosh then. that sucked, I knew him a bit too, I used to work in flight scheduling.

Tram said:
Man, lots of guys killing themselves in Seminole's.. There was the UND guy a few years back..

Dangit, Tram- if you're gonna sell ATP and quietly point out who is dying in Seminoles at other schools, don't forget RDU when 578TP spun in about two years ago. That CFI was my roommate in JAX, as was the poor feller who died in the Coney Island 172 crash- both in my CFI new hire class.

It's like blaming somebody for their annoying relatives- no flight school is totally immune; from Embry Ridiculous to the Air Force, folks is dying in the machines every day. This is a poor way for a CFI to sling mud, whether you mean to or not. Keep the death tolls off-topic or you might be suprised what you will learn...

I now know FIVE people who died instructing since I've been a CFI (and that's just now three years), and I really doubt any particular flight school's instruction would have made a wet thud of a difference. Folks died and continue to every day.

The only place you learn how to fly is after you get your ratings, wherever that may be. Period, end of story, kthx buhbye. I've said it three or four times in these forums- I learned more in the fifteen minutes between saying "OH, S***T!" by my lonesome at 240 (I think, there was another emergency one day at 15K with the owner on board) and thinking, "HOT DANM, there's the approach lights!" with the DH light blinking and the thumb on TOGA than I ever did at flight school.

Nice Tram,

The pilot who you were talking about was one of my close friends. I appreciate you talking so randomly about him.

As with any occupation, you will unfortunatly run into accidents and/or deaths.

-Night_Flight-

Latest resources

Back