What is the best flight school????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Auburn University!!

You'll get the degree, the girls, football, and of course, you can fly. Did I mention the girls? Don't go to Riddle! Waste of money, no real college experience.

FlyAuburn said:
Don't go to Riddle! Waste of money, no real college experience.

I disagree! I had a GREAT time with the professors at Embry-Riddle (in daytona beach). Majored in Aeronautical Science with a minor in weather. Some of the professors at Riddle were ex military (cant go wrong with that) and their weather department was great too!

Now the flight school on the other hand, that's a different story.... I will bet that the same problems are STILL there when I was there from '96 on.

But one of the MANY things my father has taught me was this. A diamond will shine, wherever it is polished. Meaning doesn't matter if you go to Harvard or your local community college. What counts is the diploma in your hand saying you have a 4 year degree!

Good Luck in your decision!

EMB170Pilot said:
But one of the MANY things my father has taught me was this. A diamond will shine, wherever it is polished. Meaning doesn't matter if you go to Harvard or your local community college. What counts is the diploma in your hand saying you have a 4 year degree!

Good Luck in your decision!

I agree, within this industry. The 4yr degree really doesn't matter where it was from. However outside of aviation a degree from a "good" school can often open doors. I saw this first hand when I was an engineer. I'm not saying that I agree with it, just what I saw. If I were the boss I'd rather hire a an engineer with a degree from some podunk school that loves engineering rather than someone from MIT or CALtec that has good grades but little love for engineering and is just planing on being an engineer for a few year till they go to grad school.

EMB170Pilot said:
I disagree! I had a GREAT time with the professors at Embry-Riddle (in daytona beach).

Professors??? That's right, no women there unless it's Spring Break.

Last edited:
You'll get the degree, the girls, football, and of course, you can fly. Did I mention the girls? Don't go to Riddle! Waste of money, no real college experience.[/QUOTE]

Yet another reason why UND is great.......you get the real college experience as I'm sure you get it at Auburn. No good football at UND though, it's all about the Hockey! Now if there was a way to get USC to have an aviation program, that would be awesome.

GO TROJAN FOOTBALL!!!!!

Tram said:
Wow guys.. You are sure drawing alot of inferred meanings to a small post. Relax a bit..

Sig - I'm not slinging any mud at anyone..

The Coney Island guy and former ATP instructor- Wasn't that Endrew? Didn't he almost crash once at VQQ with a student when he tried to "replicate" something he had seen an examiner do?

Tram-

at face value, it sure read like you were slinging mud- whether you meant to or not.

I know nothing about anything at VQQ; but that was one of the deceased I mentioned, yes. There are a billion close calls every single day, Tram. One close call too many and you get yourself perished- nobody is immune and no flight school can prevent it from happening. You got my hackles raised again though, by bringing up something that sorta happened at someplace once where he replicated an unclear thing with a student or something, and then you used his name.

Not cool.

Don't get me wrong- I very nearly went off like a pound of TNT on him more than once for many reasons, none of which matter now. We didn't get along very well at ALL! I have a dozen "stories" about every one of the guys that are no longer with us, to boot. However, we're implicated quickly enough in the dumbed-down jury of the pubic at large; those of us that should know better ought to just realize a son/father/brother/cousin/etc is dead, and "but for the grace of God go I."

Think I'm full of duke? Imagine smacking the ground in a 402 after the spar goes *tweak* and you die. Then somebody that flew with you once, very early on, mentions to the newspaper that you could barely talk on the mic and fly at the same time. Or you started the engine(s) with the plane tied/chocked. Or you cranked one once doing a repo from the farm with the mags off. Or you fell victim to the silly prank of a pulled IGN CB when you're doing the sequence, and the other guy pushes it back in... *FOOM*. Or that time you left the master on. There was no reason for that BS to be mentioned in the wake of THAT pilot's demise by anyone, because not a bit of it mattered to the NTSB. If they find gross negligence in the Coney Island crash and find past instances that are relevant, THEN it's time to talk and hopefully learn.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back