Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cforst513 said:
OMFG.... does it hurt to sit down?

I dont know where you have been for the last few years, however compared to over 100,000 at erau 40,000 is a deal.
Instrument
commercial
multi
cfi
cfii
mei
college tuition
your mom/pop fbo cant beat that with their 100 hour 172!

well, yes, all things considered, my college education cost about $150,000 with no flight training. gosh darned liberal arts schools...

turns out, though, that if i keep training expeditiously, like i did on this first rating, i'll come in well under the $40,000 mark for PPL-MEI, and i'll be flying 2001 or better 172's (and a craaaaaaaaptacular duchess).

good luck with that, but like anything some times you get what you pay for.

If you plan to combine with college I recommend San Jose State in CA. I didn't attend SJSU myself but their graduates have impressed me. Seems like a great program that is reasonably priced.

Go to Mexico! Its cheap there! You'll learn lots of night flying and how to land on dirt strips at 3am. Its great! Sometimes they pay you!

Riddle...

There hasn't been a really bad dig on us yet on this post, but so many people badmouth us grads. What did we do besides go to a good flight school?

When I tell people I went to riddle, its like dropping the "riddle bomb."

Good flight training, met some good friends, but the lady situation was lackluster in prescott. I havent been back since and they are out of their mind if they think I'm going to donate any money EVER!!! HA.

Overall academically I would have to say Embry-Riddle however it has become way way too expensive. The flight training is top notch they prepare you to be an airline pilot while others are only out to get your money. If you go to riddle you will definitely be prepared to be an airline pilot. But don;t get me wrong there are pilot factories out there that will get you in the right seat without a four year and with less than 1000tt. Weight the options

i was getting gas yesterday and this old beater pulled up to the pump next to mine. out steps a young man wearing a short-sleeved oxford with epulettes (is that spelled right? tonyc, help me out here, man!) on his shoulders. he must not have been an instructor for very long b/c he only had 2 stripes per shoulder. you riddle kids, what does each stripe signify? the year you are in college or what?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back