What is the best flight school????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMB170Pilot said:
I disagree! I had a GREAT time with the professors at Embry-Riddle (in daytona beach). Majored in Aeronautical Science with a minor in weather. Some of the professors at Riddle were ex military (cant go wrong with that) and their weather department was great too!

Good Luck in your decision!

Wow riddle really has some dorks... When people are talking about the college experience they don't mean the GREAT time you had with professors... They are referring to the drunken orgy interupted by classes. Foam parties, keg stands, good clean sex, dirty raunchy sex, the 2AM pizza run, Tailgating, I'm sure I'm forgetting tons...

Went to UND wouldn't recommend it.... The job placement is garbage. Pick a school by job placement my roomate was in my groundschool 21 years old and 660 hours.

Finally my pick for best flight school:
GREAT LAKES AIRLINES

eastflier said:
Overall academically I would have to say Embry-Riddle however it has become way way too expensive. The flight training is top notch they prepare you to be an airline pilot while others are only out to get your money. If you go to riddle you will definitely be prepared to be an airline pilot. But don;t get me wrong there are pilot factories out there that will get you in the right seat without a four year and with less than 1000tt. Weight the options

I find it funny that virtually ever guy/gal suggesting Riddle has the worst grammar on the planet (well maybe this board, and it's just an observation.) Oh yeah more to the point of the post, I did get a 4 year aviation degree, but wish I did something else. Go fly at an FBO, or better yet get your ratings from a 141 school, still eligible for financial aid that way.

The Military has a pretty good flight school.

Have some fun before you monitor the autopilot for a living.

NoJoy said:
Mesa Airlines has a flight school called the San Juan program. The students learn to fly in A-36 Bonanzas and B-58 Barons. The flight school is a tough program but those who make it through get a guaranteed interview; and most former students get hired into a DHC-8 or CRJ at around 300 hrs. This is a two year program. There is also a flight program associated with ASU, flying the same equipment. It depends if you want a 4 year or 2 year degree. If you already have a degree, then the San Juan program (in Farmington New Mexico) would be a better choice. Not to many flight schools can put you in the right seat with a degree in under three years. Go to mesa-air.com
for more info. You can also pm me.

This is by far the BEST way to go. No i didn't go this way but if I had I would have been a SWA CA by the age 27 at the LATEST!!!!

The name of the game if you want to be a airline pilot is to get PIC turbine ASAP! Get the ratings QUICK and get on with a crappy company that will have lots of turnover! Do not go to the cushy regional/national type jobs like Comair/Horizon/Skywest....those jobs are too good and you will not upgrade quick enough. In the long run, a little pain at a crappy regional that flies safe equipment will be an investment in long term earning potential. You do not want to be a 5 year FO in a CRJ....that is worthless today!

This program at MESA has all of that from what I gather...no need to look any further. Yes...you will hear A LOT of Mesa bashing around the industry....but the MESA guys are laughing their way into the right seat of SWA, UPS, FEDEX, JETBLUE with their PIC Turbine and very little SIC Turbine....their counterparts continue to wait for the upgrade at their respective airlines!

The Natural said:
There hasn't been a really bad dig on us yet on this post, but so many people badmouth us grads. What did we do besides go to a good flight school?

When I tell people I went to riddle, its like dropping the "riddle bomb."

Good flight training, met some good friends, but the lady situation was lackluster in prescott. I havent been back since and they are out of their mind if they think I'm going to donate any money EVER!!! HA.

Riddle Bomb..........I think what you see comes from the pompous attitude that many of your alumni portray. Flown with peeps from just about every flight school out there. Riddle is no better or worse than any of the others, The only down side is the attitude that the riddle guy/gals put out there. In the cockpit of an airplane nobody gives a fat rats rear where you learned to fly....they only look at the final product, and in that department, riddle does not stand out one way or the other.

texan1 said:
any insight?
Yeah,
Harvard MBA, then you will do the math and realize how much you are really gonna lose.
PBR

buckeyes95 said:
Medical School or Law School. Costs about the same as flight school and you'll make more money and have a life.

You don't know many "early in life" lawyers or doctors do you? :) They don't even let you have a JOB your first or second years of law school - because there is no time..

Latest resources

Back