What is so bad about CAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAL:

Much better pay in the right seat. Second year 88 almost what widebody pay is at CAL. PBS that works, MUCH better bases, and all around better contract (work rules anyone??). Also much better commuter clause and jumpseat provisions if you do commute.

Much better bases? ATL, JFK, CVG, and SLC. CAL is IAH, EWR, GUM, and CLE. You think ATl is better than IAH? I have lived both places, and would take IAH over ATL any day of the week and twice on Sundays. EWR and JFK are how far apart? CVG may be a little better than CLE, and I will admit SLC is nice, but GUM beats any of them. Much better bases?

Here is my take on the situation. I have been on this website on and off since 1998. Usually it is people complaining here. I think most of you would complain no matter what.

I work for CAL and I can't imagine a better job. The hourly rate is ok and the work rules are ok. All you folks that say it sucks here must be working for a different airline. I have flown 220 hours this year sitting reserve in IAH, fly 5-10 days per month, except July I flew 12.

What is that bad? Most of the complaints I hear are from commuters. Remember, you commute by choice, CAL does not require you to commute.

Someone please enlighten me and I will respond accordingly.

Big F'n suprise when you say you are in IAH. You probably live in the Woodlands with the rest of the scabs and they helped skew your sight of the big picture regarding the rest of your co-workers. I will count you in for a "yes" vote with the 1st round of contract BS.

captains/training department in the right seat while fo's are being furloghed (spelling). a union that folds to management. 90+ hour lines while bidding 65%. great pay, and oh yeah... all while furloghing!!!! beats a regional but room for muuuuuch improvement.

and LAX. That's a pretty good base.

Oh yeah. I'd live in LAX right after I would live in ATL again, which will happen about when hell freezes over, and the sky is filled with squealing pigs.

Oh yeah. I'd live in LAX right after I would live in ATL again, which will happen about when hell freezes over, and the sky is filled with squealing pigs.
Yeah, Houston is waaaaay better than Southern California. That's probably why the housing market is so strong out there in Houston. Glad you like the South. You can keep it.

Here is my take on the situation. I have been on this website on and off since 1998. Usually it is people complaining here. I think most of you would complain no matter what.

I work for CAL and I can't imagine a better job. The hourly rate is ok and the work rules are ok. All you folks that say it sucks here must be working for a different airline. I have flown 220 hours this year sitting reserve in IAH, fly 5-10 days per month, except July I flew 12.

What is that bad? Most of the complaints I hear are from commuters. Remember, you commute by choice, CAL does not require you to commute.

Someone please enlighten me and I will respond accordingly.

The thing that makes CAL the worst major airline is SCABs and SCAB-WANNA-Bs like you. “The pay is okay”; “The work rules are okay”. That is SCAB-WANNA-B thinking! We are in contract negotiations and need to think bigger.
CAL has the worst of everything.
Pay…The worst in the industry.
Work rules…The worst in the industry.
Schedules… The worst in the industry.
Bases… The worst in the industry.
Captains… The worst in the industry.
PBS… The worst in the industry.
ETC…………….

To all of you that will say if you hate it so much, leave, I will return to my previous airline when the right opportunity comes around. Until then I am stuck with the measly pay check CAL provides and SCABs and SCAB-WANNA-Bs like you.

The thing that makes CAL the worst major airline is SCABs and SCAB-WANNA-Bs like you. “The pay is okay”; “The work rules are okay”. That is SCAB-WANNA-B thinking! We are in contract negotiations and need to think bigger.
CAL has the worst of everything.
Pay…The worst in the industry.
Work rules…The worst in the industry.
Schedules… The worst in the industry.
Bases… The worst in the industry.
Captains… The worst in the industry.
PBS… The worst in the industry.
ETC…………….

To all of you that will say if you hate it so much, leave, I will return to my previous airline when the right opportunity comes around. Until then I am stuck with the measly pay check CAL provides and SCABs and SCAB-WANNA-Bs like you.

yeah, what he said...................+1

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back