• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What I sent the 3arbitrators...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully this letter will finally allow the arbitrators to understand the arrogance of the sCAL pilot group:

Gentlemen, you have now taken in the evidence and will begin your analysis and deliberations as a group. To this point the CAL pilot group has enjoyed an absolute WINDFALL of bids, money, and new domiciles AT THE EXPENSE OF THE UAL PILOT GROUP. I am sure you will be very careful in ultimately how your ISL solution will look in order to preserve ALPA on this property. However, please do not make the mistake of many a politician by simply satisfying a metric (utilitarian approach) that will ensure the survival of ALPA and not address what has been occurring the last three plus years (personally, I'd take it back to 2008) to the UAL pilot group. If you do NOT address INTEGRITY, FAIRNESS, WINDFALLS, AND LONGEVITY (to name just a few) you will no doubt leave a brutally tarnished legacy of poor arbitrator decisions to be studied for decades. This is not a legal case in which you can simply make a decision that falls "within the law and calculates consequences" without addressing the most basic tenents of ETHICAL DECISION MAKING.
You MUST include ethics, virtue, justice, and fairness in your journey to your ISL solution. The burden is on you now even though the UAL MC provided a solution for you. In my opinion, after the MASSIVE WINDFALLS ENJOYED BY OUR CAL counterparts up to this point, any attempt to "balance" proposals at this point in your process will indeed be interpreted as falling outside ethical decision making principles.
As a military officer, INTEGRITY FIRST guides our organization. It will be a travesty to condone behavior to the contrary. Good Luck gentlemen.

Yikes! :eek: You're gonna be a thrill to fly with.

This flamer stole this verbatim from a UAL guy on another board. The individual attached his name to this long winded drivel. If I hear anything like this in the future in the cockpit, I will be putting in my ear plugs. And full disclosure, I totally understand why UAL guys find the CAL proposal insulting. That doesn't entitle one to think they can lecture the ARB's on ethics and integrity.

Proposals are just that. Bolviation. Neither one will matter a hill of beans. I don't expect to get my seniority increased as the CAL proposal suggests and I don't expect to loose 5% seniority with the UAL proposal either. I expect the pilots from age 60-65 from both sides to fight over the $20M early out pot, the infighting to continue when one MEC is being selected for NYC and LAX, and to continue to wonder why DAL is still kicking our ass on both coasts and we do nothing about it.

Ah, you haven't read the CAL post hearing statement. Our vaunted Spence Kershaw missed 4 airplanes in late 2011 so the airplane count increased by 4 on top of the increased block hours utilization of the NGs. Double Pfffft back at ya.:p

Also, the Eagles will fold late season once again when Vick gets hurt. What sucks though is the Cowboys will too when Romo gives it away again, but as a true fan I will still cheer for them.

ah spence. At least I can read my news now. I figured counting would be over his head.

Also look for Dez to have an awesome year. Cowboys finally got a center so maybe the line can give romo more than 2 secs to get off a pass. It's a long shot but its all i got. See you at cowboys.. I mean AT&T stadium

Also look for Dez to have an awesome year. Cowboys finally got a center so maybe the line can give romo more than 2 secs to get off a pass. It's a long shot but its all i got. See you at cowboys.. I mean AT&T stadium

Yes but can he actually throw the ball? He would have to actually have to not fumble it first.

FWIW Mike and Mike picked both my Eagles and the Cowboys to battling to stay out of the basement.

Yesterday...But that's still a few weeks away.

Hopefully this letter will finally allow the arbitrators to understand the arrogance of the sCAL pilot group:

Arrogance by sCAL pilot group? Are you kidding me? Boy that's calling the kettle black. The level of arrogance and entitlement (and cluelessness) I've seen out out a number of sUAL types has been downright appalling.

And btw, the bases thing goes both ways, our B756 flying has been decimated by sUAL equipment. You guys have come into our bases just as we have yours so put your crack pipe down for a second and study the facts.

As far as "windfall": The UAL proposal is a joke in that regard. Here are just a few laughs:
1) Furloughees to go ahead of active pilots? Riiiiight, sure. You guys were sitting at home working that Zeinth remote controller, or working for someone else, and suddenly you're going to come in and take an active employees job form the merged company? Does't work that way in any industry, certainly not ours.

2) sUAL pilot to fence their WBs (777s) but then also have access to ours? Talk about entitled.

3) sUAL to grab our 787 slots? Seriously, who is y'alls crack dealer?

And then look as how the sUAL pilots are slotted in via their proposal. At least CAL went one-for one. sUAL throws in blocks of hundreds of pilots. The arbitrators see right through that arrogance. Your committee clearly made a mistake by coming in from so far off the grid with such an over-the-top proposal. Will you guys get punished for that? Not sure yet. But the sCAL proposal was certainly more in line with level-headed thinking. And I'm saying that even with the mindset that I feel we gave too much away to you guys.

Windfall hit? My seniority would take a 20% hit under the sUAL proposal.

But Im sure you think that's OK, AirMike. Get over yourself.

Go ahead with your threats of a "bloodbath" if things don't go your way. See how that plays out for your career when you start threatening fellow aviators (something we've seen sUAL pilots do many times already). I've read how you guys plan to carry nasa reports and turn in sCAL captains. How long do you think that's going to work for you? It goes both ways.

God forbid the arbitrators consider all the evidence and arguments both sides made. That's how things work in our society, Brother. Both sides make their case, a judge, or panel of judges in this case, make ruling. Deal with it, just as we will all have to because no side is going to "win".

I suspect you're going to continue to be a very bitter person for the rest of your career. Do yourself a favor, find a hobby that takes your mind off the supposed injustices you feel you've faced. Otherwise the angst will eat away at your core. This job isn't worth it.

Last edited:
You guys just don't get it. I'm simply laying out the possible futures of UAL for the arbs. The blood will be on their hands should they choose the sCAL insult. Those arbs will have a tough time getting a job at Truckmasters much less hear another case. The majority of the real United pilots feel the same way I do. ALPA is on life support right now and we will pull the plug if they allow they abrogation of ethics, integrity, and morales to continue.

ALPA what? you are a joke dude

Latest resources

Back