• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What I sent the 3arbitrators...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ugh, windfall of bids really? Whose airplane orders have we been receiving the last three years? Although it is true CAL has opened new bases in traditional UAL domiciles, these airplanes would still have come and would still have been flown in CAL bases absent the merger. We were positioned for growth prior to the merger while UAL was position for stagnation or worse with not one single growth aircraft on order, only replacement aircraft ordered.

Windfall of money? Who had the higher monetary raises between CAL and UAL in the new JCBA? UAL by a long shot with the highest raises going to the Airbii pilots.

You are talking about CAL arrogance? Puhhhleasse.

I don't think ual had any ac on order, not even replacement ones for their ancient fleet... As their side said in their closing statements they were waiting for a merger with cal or usair

I don't think ual had any ac on order, not even replacement ones for their ancient fleet... As their side said in their closing statements they were waiting for a merger with cal or usair

They had orders and options for the 787 and A350 that have been on the books before the merger

They had orders and options for the 787 and A350 that have been on the books before the merger

I stand corrected..maybe they were referring to the replacement of the 73s they had parked... When were they supposed to take those ac they had on order though, wasn't it like 2016 or something?

Did those airplane deliveries result in an increase of the CAL fleet size?

I believe you'll find the answer to that in the official court record.

Growth? Pfffft.

Good repeat of that talking point though......well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ah, you haven't read the CAL post hearing statement. Our vaunted Spence Kershaw missed 4 airplanes in late 2011 so the airplane count increased by 4 on top of the increased block hours utilization of the NGs. Double Pfffft back at ya.:p

Also, the Eagles will fold late season once again when Vick gets hurt. What sucks though is the Cowboys will too when Romo gives it away again, but as a true fan I will still cheer for them.

Last edited:
Ah, you haven't read the CAL post hearing statement. Our vaunted Spence Kershaw missed 4 airplanes in late 2011 so the airplane count increased by 4 on top of the increased block hours utilization of the NGs. Double Pfffft back at ya.:p

4 aircraft and a 100 or so pilot retirements drove 400+ bids?

Truly amazing.

Increased block hours = filling the void at L-UAL domiciles left by the parking of our 737s.

You can just keep thinking that CAL was flying high. Got news for you, the fact a 4-5 year guy at CAL is getting upgrade bids will matter not one IOTA in this SLI.

You can't accurately predict the future and the arbitrators will not put much weight on predicting it. Having made Captain at UAL in less that 5 years, I know that predicting the future is all but impossible.

Last edited:

Also, the Eagles will fold late season once again when Vick gets hurt. What sucks though is the Cowboys will too when Romo gives it away again, but as a true fan I will still cheer for them.

We're talking NFC here, right boys- Seahawks or49ers have to have a lot go wrong for the NFC champ not to emerge from out west.

4 aircraft and a 100 or so pilot retirements drove 400+ bids?

Truly amazing.

Increased block hours = filling the void at L-UAL domiciles left by the parking of our 737s.

You can just keep thinking that CAL was flying high. Got news for you, the fact a 4-5 year guy at CAL is getting upgrade bids will matter not one IOTA in this SLI.

You can't accurately predict the future and the arbitrators will not put much weight on predicting it. Having made Captain at UAL in less that 5 years, I know that predicting the future is all but impossible.

At CAL we have ALWAYS been understaffed. Heck, we didn't need any new airplanes to need 400+ pilots

There are no 4-5 year upgrades at CAL, earliest is over 7 years and yes I do think it will have an affect, but we will have to agree to disagree on that. Will find out in a month or two.

You guys just don't get it. I'm simply laying out the possible futures of UAL for the arbs. The blood will be on their hands should they choose the sCAL insult. Those arbs will have a tough time getting a job at Truckmasters much less hear another case. The majority of the real United pilots feel the same way I do. ALPA is on life support right now and we will pull the plug if they allow they abrogation of ethics, integrity, and morales to continue.

The only thing that will insure that an arbitrator never hears another case is handing down a ruling that runs counter to past precedent. Expect roughly relative with not much consideration to pre-merger compensation differential.

I also agree with T.O. (PCL). If you actually sent that letter, you may actually be doing harm to your groups case.

Karma..... The Nic award had two neutral pilots, one from UAL and the other from CAL...
The Untied guy was in-favor and the CAL pilot was not.....

Latest resources

Back