What I sent the 3arbitrators...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AirMike

Hopefully this letter will finally allow the arbitrators to understand the arrogance of the sCAL pilot group:

Gentlemen, you have now taken in the evidence and will begin your analysis and deliberations as a group. To this point the CAL pilot group has enjoyed an absolute WINDFALL of bids, money, and new domiciles AT THE EXPENSE OF THE UAL PILOT GROUP. I am sure you will be very careful in ultimately how your ISL solution will look in order to preserve ALPA on this property. However, please do not make the mistake of many a politician by simply satisfying a metric (utilitarian approach) that will ensure the survival of ALPA and not address what has been occurring the last three plus years (personally, I'd take it back to 2008) to the UAL pilot group. If you do NOT address INTEGRITY, FAIRNESS, WINDFALLS, AND LONGEVITY (to name just a few) you will no doubt leave a brutally tarnished legacy of poor arbitrator decisions to be studied for decades. This is not a legal case in which you can simply make a decision that falls "within the law and calculates consequences" without addressing the most basic tenents of ETHICAL DECISION MAKING.
You MUST include ethics, virtue, justice, and fairness in your journey to your ISL solution. The burden is on you now even though the UAL MC provided a solution for you. In my opinion, after the MASSIVE WINDFALLS ENJOYED BY OUR CAL counterparts up to this point, any attempt to "balance" proposals at this point in your process will indeed be interpreted as falling outside ethical decision making principles.
As a military officer, INTEGRITY FIRST guides our organization. It will be a travesty to condone behavior to the contrary. Good Luck gentlemen.

AirMike,

The SLI process is never fun, but it is about as fair as you can get. There are 3 people looking from the outside, without influence from the 2 parties. They look at presented evidence (via testimony, and documents), and precedence, and give an award, along with an EXPLANATION. That is key. Then, when everyone except the number 1 guy is upset, everyone can blame the arbitrators, and not each other. The company can't be blamed because they didn't side with one group, like one airline did. Everyone can be equally mad, but then can fly with each other and explain how each supposedly got "screwed in the merger, via the ARBITRATORS....."

Good luck, and I hope there aren't riots....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Cue explosive, thread hijacking revival of USAir v. AWA poop-fight in 3...2...1...

Proofreading would have helped your argument. I also hope you didn't SCREAM (CAPS LOCK) at the arbitrators.

It's good to know that you are the ultimate picture of integrity and ethics! Hell, you should be running the country!

Great. Here comes the General vs. SW let's see who's is bigger fight.

Great. Here comes the General vs. SW let's see who's is bigger fight.

No, I just pointed out that arbitration is the fair way to do it, and afterwards everyone can blame the arbitrators, not each other. Some airlines chose not to do it that way or just didn't abide by the award, and look how that's turned out!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Who is paying the arbitrator's fees?

BTW, Arbitrators love to be told how to do their job.

Where did you get the idea that the arbitrators give a s^&% what some random line pilot thinks? You have attorneys and committees for a reason. Let them speak for you so you don't embarrass yourself.

Where did you get the idea that the arbitrators give a s^&% what some random line pilot thinks? You have attorneys and committees for a reason. Let them speak for you so you don't embarrass yourself.

^^^This^^^

You guys just don't get it. I'm simply laying out the possible futures of UAL for the arbs. The blood will be on their hands should they choose the sCAL insult. Those arbs will have a tough time getting a job at Truckmasters much less hear another case. The majority of the real United pilots feel the same way I do. ALPA is on life support right now and we will pull the plug if they allow they abrogation of ethics, integrity, and morales to continue.

Latest resources

Back