• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What I sent the 3arbitrators...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So in other words if the arbitrators don't give the United pilots what they think they deserve it is somehow ALPA's fault.
Sounds like USAPA logic -- or lack thereof.

I wish the united pilots the best but more importantly I believe the arbitration process is the fairest way to conduct a SLI so I'd hate to see another pilot group selfishly and maliciously corrupt it.

You guys just don't get it. I'm simply laying out the possible futures of UAL for the arbs. The blood will be on their hands should they choose the sCAL insult. Those arbs will have a tough time getting a job at Truckmasters much less hear another case. The majority of the real United pilots feel the same way I do. ALPA is on life support right now and we will pull the plug if they allow they abrogation of ethics, integrity, and morales to continue.

It's best to just read the award explanation, and just move on. You can waste a lot of time, money, and anguish on something that is binding (the Easties at USAir will figure that out, after losing 5 years of extra pay due to no new contract). Just remember, both CAL and UAL have tons of people retiring over the next 5-10 years. You will move up eventually. Arbitration is the most fair process of them all, no external influence on a decision. (Including yours)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
You guys just don't get it. I'm simply laying out the possible futures of UAL for the arbs. The blood will be on their hands should they choose the sCAL insult. Those arbs will have a tough time getting a job at Truckmasters much less hear another case. The majority of the real United pilots feel the same way I do. ALPA is on life support right now and we will pull the plug if they allow they abrogation of ethics, integrity, and morales to continue.

The blood will be on their hands!! ha, that's funny.

I will never be a REAL United pilot, I enjoy my job too much.

Hopefully this letter will finally allow the arbitrators to understand the arrogance of the sCAL pilot group:

Gentlemen, you have now taken in the evidence and will begin your analysis and deliberations as a group. To this point the CAL pilot group has enjoyed an absolute WINDFALL of bids, money, and new domiciles AT THE EXPENSE OF THE UAL PILOT GROUP. I am sure you will be very careful in ultimately how your ISL solution will look in order to preserve ALPA on this property. However, please do not make the mistake of many a politician by simply satisfying a metric (utilitarian approach) that will ensure the survival of ALPA and not address what has been occurring the last three plus years (personally, I'd take it back to 2008) to the UAL pilot group. If you do NOT address INTEGRITY, FAIRNESS, WINDFALLS, AND LONGEVITY (to name just a few) you will no doubt leave a brutally tarnished legacy of poor arbitrator decisions to be studied for decades. This is not a legal case in which you can simply make a decision that falls "within the law and calculates consequences" without addressing the most basic tenents of ETHICAL DECISION MAKING.
You MUST include ethics, virtue, justice, and fairness in your journey to your ISL solution. The burden is on you now even though the UAL MC provided a solution for you. In my opinion, after the MASSIVE WINDFALLS ENJOYED BY OUR CAL counterparts up to this point, any attempt to "balance" proposals at this point in your process will indeed be interpreted as falling outside ethical decision making principles.
As a military officer, INTEGRITY FIRST guides our organization. It will be a travesty to condone behavior to the contrary. Good Luck gentlemen.

WOW we could have bypassed this whole thing if you would have sent this to them in the first place. stop the presses boys. I just got this letter and we need to just staple Cal to the bottom! Oh and let's include unicorns but just for the UAL boys. Cal doesnt deserve them. Well now that we solved this lets go get our 8am tee time. :rolleyes:

To this point the CAL pilot group has enjoyed an absolute WINDFALL of bids, money, and new domiciles AT THE EXPENSE OF THE UAL PILOT GROUP.

Ugh, windfall of bids really? Whose airplane orders have we been receiving the last three years? Although it is true CAL has opened new bases in traditional UAL domiciles, these airplanes would still have come and would still have been flown in CAL bases absent the merger. We were positioned for growth prior to the merger while UAL was position for stagnation or worse with not one single growth aircraft on order, only replacement aircraft ordered.

Windfall of money? Who had the higher monetary raises between CAL and UAL in the new JCBA? UAL by a long shot with the highest raises going to the Airbii pilots.

You are talking about CAL arrogance? Puhhhleasse.

Last edited:
Hopefully this letter will finally allow the arbitrators to understand the arrogance of the sCAL pilot group:

As a military officer, INTEGRITY FIRST guides our organization. It will be a travesty to condone behavior to the contrary. Good Luck gentlemen.

I'm pretty sure the letter shows the arrogance of you-
And the how big a tool some of our military pilots can be-

This has to be flame

Ugh, windfall of bids really? Whose airplane orders have we been receiving the last three years? Although it is true CAL has opened new bases in traditional UAL domiciles, these airplanes would still have come and would still have been flown in CAL bases absent the merger. We were positioned for growth prior to the merger while UAL was position for stagnation or worse with not one single growth aircraft on order, only replacement aircraft ordered.

Windfall of money? Who had the higher monetary raises between CAL and UAL in the new JCBA? UAL by a long shot with the highest raises going to the Airbii pilots.

You are talking about CAL arrogance? Puhhhleasse.

Why are you CAL guys giving this dude the time of day. Notice no UAL guys chimed in. He is obviously has a screw loose somewhere. You know both sides have few of those.

Now as for that rediculous avatar,,,,,,,,,Go EAGLES

Latest resources

Back