• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What I sent the 3arbitrators...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA is on life support right now and we will pull the plug if they allow they abrogation of ethics, integrity, and morales to continue.

"Man who can't spell morals, shouldn't post about morals".

- Ho Chi Minh. 1894

Hey why me worry......you seem worried!!

Not in the least. Whatever happens, happens. Both sides made their case for their pilots. I'm confident that ours was based more on facts than anything else. Even if we get screwed, I can rest in the fact that our MC's strategy was well placed and intelligently argued on our behalf.

It just gets old listening to quite a few sUAL pilots view of things. A lot of them cherry pick their side's data and completely ignore the opposing view or cross-examination. To be fair, not all do this but a majority of U-hires I fly with have this "you needed this merger more than we did" mentality even though they're still on furlough from sUAL. A lot of the "facts" their experts built their case on were simply proven wrong during cross or rebuttals yet it's as though they didn't bother to read that part of the proceedings.

sUAL pilots have nobody to blame but their predecessor ALPA leaders who sold them out on scope to save the retirement (which was lost anyway, tragic as that may be). That scope relief gave the company the option to park 737s when oil spiked and the economy crashed. We parked 67 of the same planes for the same reasons, economy and oil prices, but the difference was we had new aircraft on order years before any merger idea. They didn't.

Or course, they can equally blame their anti-labor former CEO as well.

"Man who can't spell morals, shouldn't post about morals".

- Ho Chi Minh. 1894

He was referring to the 4th Hispanic arbitrator. You know, the one they've hired a super-expensive lobby firm to grease the palms of.

I mean, look how good they did getting that release they were saying was imminent all the time. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back