• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Heavy jet will SWA buy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually I have never said "unable" and have never been kicked out of the pattern. Just do it? You PU$$Y. Why not drop the gear at 20,000 feet when ATC screws up? You are a moron, stay in mom's basement.

Ahahahaha! You're such a goofball. Look, you're the IRO, you never even get a landing over there, the other FO is 64 along with the Captain. You really are clueless. Go do another walkaround and be useful.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I see sarcasm is beyond you.

The professional response is to comply with ATC instructions if at all possible so as not to create additional conflicts for other aircraft in the area.

If you can use speed brakes to comply with the ATC instructions, the professional response is to use your speed brakes. For the SWA guys, I realize that your company limitations may preclude this and that is why I put the SWA caveat. The rest who just don't want to use speed brakes are making things harder for everyone else in the system. That is NOT professional.

You obviously have little experience with a 737 with winglets and worse yet scimitars if you think speed brakes can correct thousands of feet of vertical error or 30-50 knots of overspeed when already on an arrival. Speed brakes are fine for correcting vertical issues from cruise and you have 10k feet to lose. However, being slowed on an arrival, and seeing unable next altitude on the FMS, the professional response is unable, not some snippy don't want to.

There is at least one check airman that does not know the unable phrase. He VS 6000fpm, boards out and 320+kts while assigned 290kts, to make a crossing restriction that had not been assigned. This was on Capt. IOE, the poor guy in the left seat didn't know what to do.

That was a test by the Check CA to see what the newly trained CA would do...

southwest sky gods... how should i take my coffee? what type of shaving cream should i use? should i put my left shoe on first or my right shoe? both at the same time? clip on tie or regular...?
we get it... you have an answer for everything that makes you guys seem better than the rest of us... fly on sky gods, fly on...

808, you forgot who was telling who how things are at SWA

i also recall being told whats going to happen to our airline by everyone else... jim may have pointed out what he witnessed only to be told he was wrong... it just appears that you guys always need to have the last word and spin the same answers to fit your egos... god forbid someone points out what they see only to be told no, you didn't see that...

Latest resources

Back