• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you think will happen to ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I AGREE. The best thing for the ASA pilot group would be to drop the retro demands to something attainable (not 100%), stay with the current SKYW rates, and demand one list based on DOH. The scope issues will go away.

The last company proposal included current Skywest 50 rates, but we are holding out on RETRO (which is absurd). One list, scope, we need something to guarantee our survival. I'm absolutely amazed that ALPA hasn't been pounding the pavement in order to inform this pilot group about what is obtainable, and the consequences of asking for industry leading pay, 100% retro, and so on.

The last company proposal included current Skywest 50 rates, but we are holding out on RETRO (which is absurd). One list, scope, we need something to guarantee our survival. I'm absolutely amazed that ALPA hasn't been pounding the pavement in order to inform this pilot group about what is obtainable, and the consequences of asking for industry leading pay, 100% retro, and so on.

Why is it absurd? I haven't had a raise in years. Health care premiums are up at ASA, along with the cost of living, such as gas. If you'd read the CNC's update, you'd see the comapny does not want any part of scope. We may settle for less than 100% retro, but that's where you start. It's negotiating.

ONE LIST -has to start within the pilot group...go get a post office box, and 1600 letters for people to read and sign

ONE LIST=DOH

If anything you should be stapled. I'm sure SkyWest doesn't want one list and they are the ones holding the cards, not you. There is nothing ALPO can do about that!

If you are at the top of the 700 pay scale, you have not received a raise in years because ASA 700 scale is at the top of the industry (Save Horizon). Look at what our 'competition' at Mesa, Pinnacle, Skywest, Republic and Comair make on that equipment. Then look at Eagle, and PSA. THis is why there will not be large raises on the 700. It is the industry we are fighting. And those that find themselves as the top dog find themselves on the outside looking in.

Full retro is unobtainable. Lets go for some cola, a better signing bonus and some scope within Skywest inc.

If you are at the top of the 700 pay scale, you have not received a raise in years because ASA 700 scale is at the top of the industry (Save Horizon). Look at what our 'competition' at Mesa, Pinnacle, Skywest, Republic and Comair make on that equipment. Then look at Eagle, and PSA. THis is why there will not be large raises on the 700. It is the industry we are fighting. And those that find themselves as the top dog find themselves on the outside looking in.

Full retro is unobtainable. Lets go for some cola, a better signing bonus and some scope within Skywest inc.

Finally, some reason on this topic. Yes, It would be nice to see a raise on the 70. Unfortunatetly, any raise there would price ourselves out of future growth on the airplane that all the regionals will be flying almost exclusively within the next five years.

Yes, I know that it is unpalatable that the 70 guys won't see big raises. It just isn't reality in this environment. Comair.

COLA and ONE LIST. The only two issues that matter.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: MELIT is an @sshole.

Why not wait for three years for Skywest to raise the bar with ALPA and then obtain the ultimate pay raise???

We are not holding out just on retro pay. The company has offered us SkyWest payrates, but for the life of the contract. So, the payrates which will be middle-to-upper tier in the regional industry today will be bottom of the industry in 3 years at the end of the agreement. There are no other contracts that have one payrate with no cost of living increases (even the bankrupt carriers got COLA raises), and ASA will not be the first to adopt one.

wow...

More power to you guys. I was at ASA for 10 years and I feel your pain. Good luck brothers.

Melit......
shut up and go take out the trash.

To not get 100% retro when it's the standard in contracts would be a disgrace.

The company has offered us SkyWest payrates, but for the life of the contract. So, the payrates which will be middle-to-upper tier in the regional industry today will be bottom of the industry in 3 years at the end of the agreement.

Do the math, no way is this for 3 years! To characterize it as the "life of the contract" is the reality. Try no cost of living increase for at least 8 years.

Dick

Latest resources

Back