what do you think? NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLYLOW22 said:
I'm curious... 1.5X for days over 51 a Q. What is the unit value of 51? Are youtalking dollars, donuts or dice?

And which compensation issues are there. RTS says, "Here ya go silly pilot." and silly pilot says, "Thank you sir. May I have another?!?!" You must mean that you work (for now) in CMH in payroll.

I clearly do not work for NJI, but my company, like NJI, know's that if we are to keep qualified Gulfstream pilots we must compensate them accordingly. Hence, we survey the industry to determine what other companies' compensation packages look like. There is a general shortage of qualified GIV/GV pilots in the industry. I know of a position in the Midwest and positions in the East that have remained unfilled for over a year due to the companies inability to find Gulfstream pilots meeting their needs.

On the left coast, Avjet pays a $2500.00 bounty to employees that bring in Gulfstream Captains to work for $145k.

The fact that G550 transitions are single-sourced at $53,000 doesn't help to enlarge the pool of available pilots.

But to answer your question - NJI Captains are paid in dollars. On average, 662 of them a day until they exceed 51 days in a rolling 90 day period. Then they get 993 of them a day until their work day average drops beneath 51 days in a 90 day period.

GV

GVFlyer said:
But to answer your question - NJI Captains are paid in dollars. On average, 662 of them a day until they exceed 51 days in a rolling 90 day period. Then they get 993 of them a day until their work day average drops beneath 51 days in a 90 day period.
LOL! I think you might need to draw him a picture...

BrnJetFuel said:
WOW! NJIG4Driver...that is such a COOOOL name! I got one word for you...junior!
How surreal, a guy calling himself "BrnJetFuel" is slagging-off on someone else's name?

But really, you corporate guys with good jobs, you're beating your heads against brick walls here. Most NJA (not NJI) guys come from the unionized, airline world..the lousy-paying part of it. They've allowed themselves to be screwed-over by management for so long (including the act of accepting a job offer from NJA in the first place) they think that's how the entire professional aviation world works, including corporate aviation, with whom they rub shoulders.

They don't realize that their "noble" fight for better pay, etc, is merely playing catch-up to what they should have held out for in the first place. Most of them, when entering the world of business aviation, couldn't have begun to tell you annual salaries or industry-standard daily rates for aircraft, region, etc. etc. They assume that because they're union, they will get the best deal around..someday...someway.

Observe the thinly-veiled contempt NJA guys hold for their counterparts at NJI, simply becaue they aren't union members and made a better deal when the foundation was laid. It took a he11 of a lot more incentive to draw international-experienced G-lV captains already making good money out of their corporate world than recruit (complete with PFT then training bond) Citation-trainable 1K/month Brasilia pilots from the commuter airline ranks seeking their first jet time. Or the even more pathetic is the occasional, "well wait till your flight department closes down because of us", thing.

Given the differences in their respective salaries to this day, and all the union-propoganda self-delusion, it's rather sad to see someone tossing out a word like "...junior!". I'm sure NJI-guy is still smarting!

GVFlyer said:

GV
Ah. Gotcha. I had never heard of that compensation formula or NJIers.

"lots of us ARE pi$$ed that you $hits work for such peanuts."

"industry whores "

Gulfstream 200....I work at Nutjets....and unfortunately, you are correct. The truth hurts.

well -- how about an update guys!

Can we have some information on the contract PLEASE?:confused:

"Can we have some information on the contract PLEASE?:confused:"

Sure....as soon as we get some. THey are in negotiations right now for a few more days.

Industry whores?

Pissed?

Go ahead and be pissed at us for trying to put food on the table for our families, that makes a lot of sense.

Snakepit sounds like you need to get a new job and quit complaining.

I am going to guess something here MEPHISTO. YOU ARE AN OLD TIMER AT Netjets aren't you ? One of the LOSERS that voted for the current contract...you must be because that is the SAME answer I get from all of you SENIOR pukes ! Don't worry, I am actively looking to leave your little DREAM JOB...LOLOLOLOLOL. YOU and NETJETS are a JOKE !

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back