• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what do you think? NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SCT.....sorry to hear the CEO didn't like to see different faces everytime here flew with the fractionals. I can say that the way NetJets has standardized their fleet as far as CRM is concerned kind of makes our crew concept akin to that of the majors. I personally think we have too many call outs but my point is the cockpits are standardized for safety reasons and it works pretty well.

As far as Fortune 500 companies who use fractionals in lieu of have their own fleet. Yes....there are some of those using various fraqctionals.

DO82,

It's just his preference, not safety. The ceo is cool, but doesn't even like to see fill in pilots on our own a/c.

No, I dont want anything to do with fractional flying (cant afford the paycut and have NO desire to work that hard).

But, when someone asks about fractional life and considers it "corporate flying", there is nothing wrong with setting the record straight is there? The two are VERY different - and a newbie should know this.

And Griz, I have no contempt for fractional pilots! - I always say you deserve more, etc...

but yeah now that you ask, lots of us ARE pi$$ed that you $hits work for such peanuts. Its hard enough to get good raises, bonuses, etc, these days nevermind having morons flying bizjets for regional pilot pay....I know I know...the contract...its coming...

industry whores man...the only one making a freakin' dime is Uncle Warren, and you folks seem to cherish that fact.

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 wrote,

"lots of us ARE pi$$ed that you $hits work for such peanuts."

"industry whores "

NICE...Your a REAL professional.

well, none of the above...but if I ever really wanted an expensive car, at least I could consider it..

and you?

you got a car payment griz??.....I bet you do!!

and I bet its a real nail-biter each month on 37K/yr Captain salary!

All that pathetic $hit I enlightend you about and all you can say is "what kind of car you drive G200?"...c'mon man, you started this! - you can do better!

got yourself a big biatch slap of reality, eh?

Last edited:
Griz said:
I often wonder why Falcon Capt and Gulfstream 200 spend so much time reading a board devoted to fractional flying.
It's called the "New Posts" button at the top of the screen, it shows all threads that contains new posts since your last visit. Why not read? I read some of the airline threads as well, although I never have had any desire to go to the airlines... Knowledge is key...

Griz said:
Do you drive monster trucks with big tires to make up for other inadequacies?
Oh, and my car? Yeah, its a 1995 Grand Am... 88k miles... I don't waste my money on expensive cars, anyone who knows anything about money knows a car is a terrible investment... A car is merely a form of transportation to me... I put my money in my 401k, my investment portfolio, my house, kids college funds, etc... Never had a car payment, never want one (Paid cash for my wife's 2003 Mini-van)... My only debt is my mortgage and that will be gone soon...

Griz, you sound frustrated? You know, no one is tying you down and keeping you at NetJets... There are other good opportunities out there... Don't think for a second Uncle Warren is gonna make you rich... Uncle Warren is all about making one person rich, and that isn't you...

Griz,

Just curious, when are you guys going to vote on a new contract? Is there a set date?
I know a few EJ pilots and you guys have been talking about this contract for what seems like years. Is your current contract expired? I hope it works out for you guys.....it seems like you work way to hard.

Best of luck.

oh griz...this has gotten completely childish, has it not? I can get a wee bit carried away myself...

I meant no disrespect to you personally, and it does appear we really DO agree on MOST things here...

anyways..I truly wish you the best with a new contract, higher pay, etc..is very much deserved.

Good Luck!

(Let this stand as my once-a-year semi-professional post!) - now back to the bickering....

Griz said:
SCT,

Contracts under the RLA don't expire. They become ammendable. Ours became ammendale in Oct of 2001.
hold up...so technically management has no reason to change the current contract? the follow up to that being, whats the advantage to having a contract that never expires???

Gulfstream 200 said:
for the last time...

and keep in mind there are companies out there (with large flight departments) that could buy Berkshire hathaway outright - in cash.
If you look at the per share price of BK/H it appears that if you wanted to buy the whole company for cash you would have to come up with about 100 billion bucks...give or take a few bil. Warren himself has a portifolio of BK/H stock worth 36 billion. Could you let us know what company has the financial strength to come up with that kind of cash.

Latest resources

Back